1. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Has anyone purchased a radio from “Infotainment” ?

Want to upgrade from the Tradesman radio with the 5” screen to the UBD Uconnect 5 8.4” display with wireless CarPlay.

Not cheap but plug and play from what I read.

Have no interest in the 12” version…

mwilson , Apr 25, 2024
    pdxkid, TomBrady and AH64ID like this.
  2. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

No personal experience, but I read lots of good things about them on other forums.

You’ll like the 8.4” screen. I prefer it over the 12” hands down.

AH64ID , Apr 25, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  3. Byershome TDR MEMBER

I have one in mine for exactly the same reason , instructions are a little lacking but I managed to work through it and get everything working. I put the 12" in mine. Works great and I can use my phone as a hotspot for internet access.

Byershome , Apr 26, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  4. BrentM TDR MEMBER

I upgraded my 2020 tradesman to the 8.4 with the kit from infotainment. it works great, and the instructions were good. Couple negative things, the bezel that I got has the seat heat buttons that get stuck in the pressed position. Not a big deal because I don't have seat heaters but it is a little annoying. The other thing that the backup camera lines do not show up even when I turn it on in the settings. Not the end of the world either. I have not contacted them about either of these issues, they don't bother me enough to invest the time to try and fix it.

BrentM , Apr 27, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  5. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Did you have guide lines before?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2024
    Ozymandias , Apr 27, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  6. pdxkid

Great question that I have myself. I'm wanting to upgrade to the 8" screen as well as get Apple Car Play. So expensive though! I'm seeing some similar stuff on eBay for far less money but I wonder about quality, instructions, wiring harnesses etc. It seems like Infotainment is probably the best option, short of finding one in a junk yard or something like that.

pdxkid , May 6, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.