Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeaceKeeper

The temp knob adjust the air flow. The vent knobs affect temperature. Like this when i bought the truck earlier this year. Possibly the wrong a/c controller? Fan knob only one works correctly.

PeaceKeeper , Jan 25, 2021
  2. sag2 TDR MEMBER

Someone swapped the wires to the actuators?

sag2 , Jan 26, 2021
  3. PeaceKeeper

Not sure how to check that. The plugs in the back of the controller are keyed. Thought maybe the controller is wrong one. plus all the bulbs are burned out.

PeaceKeeper , Jan 26, 2021
  4. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Can you upload a picture of your AC control unit?

Ozymandias , Jan 27, 2021
  5. CJ8Rockcrawler TDR MEMBER

Are the plugs the same for the regular system as they are for the dual zone? Could someone have downgraded when they replaced it? I don't know, just throwing ideas out. I'm sure someone here knows for sure.

CJ8Rockcrawler , Jan 27, 2021
    Ozymandias likes this.
  6. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Good point, OP should tell us Trim level of the Truck.

Ozymandias , Jan 28, 2021
  7. PeaceKeeper

I've replaced the a/c heater control switch. same problem! it is an SLT model. The door actuator doesn't move. The vent selector changes the heat/cool setting. I ordered the specific controller for my truck (expensive). Blower stopped working...but tapping on it with a screwdriver brought it back to life.

PeaceKeeper , Jun 12, 2021
  8. Tuesdak

Bad motor likely as well as tapping gets worn or sticking brushes to contact again. Check the connectors at the blower motor for melting or corrosion. Same for the resistor pack. Then pull the resistor pack and check the ceramic resistor for cracking. Usually you replace both the motor and resistor pack at the same time as a stopped motor burns the resistor pack out. Another place to check is the ignition switch for melting connectors as the full motor current goes through the switch.

Tuesdak , Jun 12, 2021