Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CStansbury

Hey guys,

I have my truck apart in the driveway putting in the gauges I got for Christmas!! I am working on wiring the gauge lights. I pulled the headlight switch panel off to tap into the dimming circuit and much to my dismay I couldn't find a orange wire with a white tracer as suggested in numerous threads. I have an 04. 5' with fog lights. Would it use a different colored wire? Thanks.

Chris

CStansbury , Aug 10, 2005
  2. gsbrockman

The "search" feature & test light are your two best friends..... especially the test light.

Greg

gsbrockman , Aug 10, 2005
  3. jawmail

It's an orange with brown tracer on my '04. There's two of them, had to use meter to find the right one.

jawmail , Aug 10, 2005
  4. CStansbury

Greg, I did "search" and read many posts as stated in the "as suggested in numerous threads" part of my post. Like I said, all I found was orange with white tracer answers.

Thanks jawmail, I'll try that.

5. Scrappy

it is the lower orange wire (at least that is the way my '03 is)

Scrappy , Aug 10, 2005
  6. fkovalski

The last set of gauges that I did tapped the dimming wire into the light at the ash tray. It is only a slightly longer wire run, but a lot easier to access.

I hit the constant 12V at the power outlet (or lighter element wire- forget which. ) Again, a slightly longer run, but easier to hit.

fkovalski , Aug 10, 2005
  7. artie

Connector pinout

I have attached the headlamp switch pinout from my 04 shop manual. The pins are the same just color of wires changed from model year to model year.

artie , Aug 10, 2005
  8. CStansbury

Perfect! Thanks Artie!!

9. artie

Forgot to note that the lamp in the switch that dims is on pin 3.

artie , Aug 10, 2005