Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRizzo

Dodge will be the first to denial warranty on fuel system problems. They say at time of PDI the red shipping fuel cap is to be discarded. Even any dumb *** can see that any oil base liquid and a open top tube is going to get dirt and water in it. $$ 66.K truck cost
    and Dodge thinks this is a good design. I have owned Dodge work trucks from 1991 to date and have had to deal with a lot of stupid design problems. This one shows how cheap a OEM can be. This will be my last one. I'm not just blowing hot air my lifes work the pass
    46 years in repairing diesel heavy equipment and trucks. In New Mexico, I guess if we locked these trucks in dust prof building all would be great.

JRizzo , Feb 12, 2017
  2. RB33

For $2.75 this will solve your problem. Works great, FullSizeRender.jpg #ad

FullSizeRender.jpg #ad

RB33 , Feb 12, 2017
  3. Regcabguy

Regcabguy , Feb 12, 2017
  4. RB33

The fuel cap pictured in this thread used on a Ram and cost much less than those fancy ones. :)

RB33 , Feb 12, 2017
  5. TCDiesel

$1.50 1.5" plumbing cap trimmed down , 30 seconds of work ,Bought at Lowes, Home depot, Menards , etc solves cap less . Just picking on Ya RB33 ....

TCDiesel , Feb 12, 2017
  6. tp0d

i still use my original red one.. havent lost it yet hah! guess i`ll be in the market once i do, if i do. got 29kmiles on it so far

-j

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
    tp0d , Feb 12, 2017
  7. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

RAM 1500 one from Amazon.

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    SnoKing , Feb 12, 2017
  8. rynosback

Does he own a Ford or Ram? Title says one thing and he states another?? Scratching head...

rynosback , Feb 13, 2017
  9. Kry226

I'm wondering too. I rented a 2017 Super Duty for three weeks last November and the filler neck was capped like they always have been. Maybe he's using "Super Duty" generically? Even so, I'm really surprised no one has produced a normal filler neck retrofit for the Ram.

P.S. I grew up listening to my mechanic dad cussing Fords on a daily basis, so being anti-Ford is in my DNA. But I really enjoyed the new Super Duty. I mean, FOR REAL. It's a nice truck, and Ram had better get on the ball with bringing new options and capability to market.

Kry226 , Feb 13, 2017
  10. jhenderson

[QUOTE=Kry226;2498446 Even so, I'm really surprised no one has produced a normal filler neck retrofit for the Ram.

That's because Ram sells a cap that fits the standard neck. See post #2

jhenderson , Feb 13, 2017
  11. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

SnoKing , Feb 13, 2017
  12. kthaxton TDR MEMBER

Further.....a cap isn't even necessary.....since the secondary "trap door" keeps everything clean.

Come on, they're not that stupid.

kthaxton , Feb 13, 2017
  13. Oil Stain TDR MEMBER

I understand the concern and the bean counters involved, but to say that is your last Ram do to the fuel cap not being there? Your choice I suppose......

I can fix the fuel cap issue like others have said. I'll take the missing fuel cap over having my fenders or cab lifted off my frame for routine service any day. I can control the fuel cap, but not the fenders or cab removal.

Oil Stain , Feb 13, 2017
  14. smittyd174

I live in Nova Scotia Canada and bought my 2016 3500 in February. Imagine *my surprise the first * time *I got fuel no fuel cap and snow inside the cover. Luckily the temp plug was still there so nothing got in. Went back to dealer and asked what's *with this and they said its not required so I showed them the snow in there. Mopar makes a fuel cap that plugs the filler neck and attaches to the filler door. Ordered one and they gave it to me. GENOS GARAGE also sells them highly recommend *one.

smittyd174 , Feb 13, 2017
  15. MRoberts

Welcome to the forum! That's a heck of a first post.

MRoberts , Feb 13, 2017
  16. Kry226

I wasn't really posting in deference to the cap. My post was really regarding the filler neck with the flaps. It's a system which is not universally loved with numerous posts across the various Cummins-based forums over the last few years complaining as such. Not to mention it's an answer to a problem that didn't exist. Personally, in agreement with the OP, I'd rather have a normal filler neck with no flaps and a regular cap.

Kry226 , Feb 13, 2017
  17. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

I have the same one based on SNOKING's recommendation.

Yea I was wondering about the thread title??????

I REALLY like that this one can't get lost.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    Cummins12V98 , Feb 13, 2017
  18. jhenderson

I don't understand anyone's problem with the 2 door neck. I've never had a problem filling with either a truck or auto nozzle. I think it's a great deterrent from foreign material being poured in by vandals.

jhenderson , Feb 13, 2017
  19. Bruce Beard

I'm guessing that most of the complaints are made by people who don't understand how it works. You can literally put a water hose inside the first flap and turn it on without getting a drop inside the tank.
    I had the same system on my 2010 F-150 for 130,000 miles without any problems and that truck doesn't even have a serviceable fuel filter!!!
    i love the design.
    Bruce

Bruce Beard , Feb 13, 2017
  20. gsbrockman

STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!

STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP !!!!!!!

You're not permitted to bring real-world use and common sense mechanics into this thread !!!!!!!!!! :-laf

gsbrockman , Feb 13, 2017