Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turbo Terry

I’m at one year 12 k miles now. No issues at all . Pulled hard with it a few times and hauled heavy with it over some bad roads etc. no leaks on the garage floor .No recalls or Re flashes I’m Aware of . So what will the dealer charge me for a oil and filter change and the two fuel filters. Tires have been rotated already . What else do they really do . My Indy gets it next Friday for a oil/filter change and two fuel filters. I have the oil and filters , His rate is $125 a hour. So how much for the dealer do you think?

Turbo Terry , Oct 30, 2022
  2. Timd32 TDR MEMBER

$312.50 + tax if you have that in AK.

Just a guess. Here is what AllData has for those items and the times, if there are other adders for like skid plates and the sort could be more.

Keep us posted.

Attached Files:

Timd32 , Oct 30, 2022
  3. endoscott

More like $400 or so around here (Monroe, WA) at the dealer for oil/ filter and both fuel filters on a 2014. It's really too bad I am so lazy now. But my neck hurts when I lay on my back to work on cars. I did check with a local independent guy who just works on diesels and was surprised that he quoted me about the same price as the dealer. Obviously his overhead is much lower, so I thought it would be quite a bit less $$. I might do it myself next time, lets see how inflation goes, LOL.

endoscott , Oct 30, 2022
  4. Turbo Terry

Well 150$ for 3 gallons of Mobil Delvac 5/40 $25 for a Donaldson oil filter -two fuel filters about 140 $ 315 just for supply’s then labor couple hours or more $250 or more. Not cheap

5. Turbo Terry

But if you consider my wifes two year old Lexus 2020 has been to the dealer 3 times in two years and 15 k mile at 200$ a trip that’s not to bad I guess. About the same

6. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

I simply can’t let a dealer do such basic service. Entry level people doing this is my reason to just say NO.

Cummins12V98 , Oct 30, 2022
    HPSimpson, endoscott, Topzide and 2 others like this.
  7. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Well it is an entry level service, so entry level mechanics seems appropriate.

I’d let the dealership do the 15K service, but I don’t like paying for labor if I can avoid it.

AH64ID , Oct 30, 2022
    HPSimpson, Wiredawg and Rob S like this.
  8. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

For the full hourly rate they should have Journeyman Mechanics doing the work IMHO. I have came behind too many so called entry level mechanics trying to remove oil and fuel filters that were tighter than the Cummins Gorilla or so loose I could remove with my hand easily.

Cummins12V98 , Oct 31, 2022
  9. 06 Dodge

My dealer installed my oil, oil filter and rotated the tires for $49.95, hate to ask what they will want to install my fuel filters, if its to much I'll just have to do it my self..

06 Dodge , Nov 1, 2022
  10. Turbo Terry

Ok today my first bought and paid for oil change in my life. Hourly rate was $130 so x 2. I have always changed my own oil my whole life. Very strange. The Indy said one of the gallon jugs was one quart low. I told him the dodge dealer had over filled by 2 quarts when he did my free first oil change. I told him I had it at home and to not worry I would check my oil . He laugh. I think I have found a good Indy shop to do my maintence now. I will supply the filters and oil etc. him the labor and only time dealer will see the truck if there’s warrant issue except at maybe a recall or drivability issue etc and just before it goes off the 3/36 warranty and the 6/60 max care warranty.

Turbo Terry , Nov 4, 2022
  11. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Let us know how much oil it takes to get to the FULL mark on LEVEL ground with it setting overnight. I am betting around 2/3 quart.

Cummins12V98 , Nov 6, 2022
  12. Turbo Terry

Actually it’s one quart over the end of the safe mark 2.5 gallons would have been perfect as it turns out and that’s all they will get next time

Turbo Terry , Nov 6, 2022
  13. Turbo Terry

I think people are programmed to put 3 gallons in because that’s what the book says. Not taking into account how long it drained and what is still up in the motor. We have no time to wait and check oil anymore

Turbo Terry , Nov 6, 2022
  14. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Sounds like he pulled the plug and put it tight back in.

Cummins12V98 , Nov 6, 2022
  15. Turbo Terry

Yep I suppose time is money I guess

Turbo Terry , Nov 7, 2022
  16. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

"IF" I were to pay someone to do an oil and fuel filter service I would insist that the oil drain plug get's pulled first and replaced the very last thing before the oil goes in.

Cummins12V98 , Nov 7, 2022
  17. Timd32 TDR MEMBER

I was pretty close then with my $312 quote.

Timd32 , Nov 7, 2022
  18. Turbo Terry

$545 -$230 two hours labor. $150 3 gallons of mobile Delvac 5/40 $25 for oil filter and 2 fuel filters $140

Timd32 likes this.
  19. Turbo Terry

And your your right they pulled the oil drain plug and put it right back in. 23/4 gallons was over full by about a quart . In fact when I checked the oil after driving about 30 miles and it sat in the level garage and had cooled down the new oil was already black. I have changed the oil and let it drain properly in my old 99 enough to know that for the first while the new oil is a bit clear. Not black duh

20. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Your 6.7 is very different than your '99 when it comes to oil color. The oil gets black much, much faster, thou not instantly like the 04.5-07 5.9s, but it won't ever be clear like new after you run it for a few minutes.

AH64ID , Nov 7, 2022
    06 Dodge and Rob S like this.