Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Liecha TDR MEMBER

I know this has been written about in many different formats. I just had mine done Last week (8/8/13) and was curious what everyone else has paid and the details (how they like it, how long did it take, what they had done, etc. )

I had the whole 2012 short bed on my mega cab 3500. It was done in the "Line-X Premium Black" under the rails as I have the factory plastic caps. I had it done by Line-X of Kirkland and I am pleased with the job. I dropped it off at 1pm and it was done at about 4:30pm. I took it back the next day (they said to allow 24hrs before putting anything in the bed) to pick up my toolbox and have them re-install the keepers for my turnover ball gooseneck. I paid about $650 for the job including tax. I asked them not to put the sticker on the window and they did not. However the put the medallion on the bed liner (which I did not mind as it makes the warranty requirements simpler if I ever need any repairs).
    080813 Linex Bed Liner 5o5.jpg #ad

080813 Linex Bed Liner 1o5.jpg #ad

080813 Linex Bed Liner 5o5.jpg #ad

080813 Linex Bed Liner 1o5.jpg #ad

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    Liecha , Aug 11, 2013
  2. Joseph Donnelly

I would not just look at price. Care of workmanship, prep/sanding, and thickness of the liner all affect price. Some shops charge less and the thickness just isn't there. The material is expensive so that is an obvious route for cost cutting.

Joseph Donnelly , Aug 11, 2013
  3. Jim W TDR MEMBER

I had Line-X bed liner installed in Nov 08 for $550. 00, on my 08 Mega Cab which is a short bed truck. I also had the liner sprayed over the top rails to protect the top of the bed better. The liner has held up will with some scuffing taking place from cement blocks that have moved around when carried. There is some staining also from some oil that may have spilled taking the oil to the recyclers from my oil changes. Other then the two items that I have mentioned I am extremely happy with the Line-X bed liner. I would get this again if I were to buy a new truck, unless the liner is offered thru the manufacture like it is now on the RAMS.
    Jim W.

Jim W , Aug 12, 2013
  4. firefighter_2000

Wow. Back in 02 & 03, o worked for a truck accessory shop on my days off from the firehouse. We were sprayingLineX in long bed trucks over the rails for 400.
    On another note, we always stuck the medallion to the bed, then sprayed the truck. Made the medallion permanent and subtle.
    650 is still a good deal. You'll be very pleased with how well it performs!
    Craig

firefighter_2000 , Aug 12, 2013
  5. jeepit

It's good stuff. I had it in installed my 02 I purchased new and it has held up well. No complaints here.

jeepit , Aug 12, 2013
  6. Liecha TDR MEMBER

I agree, after reading about all the other types out there, I think the Line X has the best reputation. I really like the job that was done and I have yet to talk with a person who has been unhappy with Line X. I did look at the local shops around me and the other shop in Seattle had no customer service and had posted prices of around $100 more for the same job. I have not been able to find what people have recently been paying and so I wanted to start this thread in hopes of getting more quotes on what other people have paid to give others a better idea on what a reasonable price should be.

I did not want to do the lining myself on the truck. I did not want to mess with the sanding, spraying, prep and so on. Besides I am stuck in Seattle until about January until my son is done with his cancer treatments and wanted the truck done before the weather sets in and I have to start crossing the pass during the once a month or so I get to go back home.

Liecha , Aug 13, 2013
  7. xlbuilder

I paid $675 for color matched on an 8 foot bed ($475 if I would have gone black). The sticker took about 3 seconds to take off of the window and they placed the medallion on prior to spraying so it really blends in. It has held up really well over the last two years. I am pretty peticular about my stuff and have no complaints on this. Looks great.

Resize for post.jpg #ad

Resize for post.jpg #ad

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    xlbuilder , Aug 13, 2013
  8. BIGNASTY

Rhino liner for Me $400. 00 the day after I got the truck, like was said above the prep work makes a BIG DIFFERENCE. I have beat the crap out of my liner and with a wash it looks good as NEW!!!

BIGNASTY , Aug 13, 2013
  9. Jim W TDR MEMBER

I had the Rhino Liner installed on my 2001, Chevy 6. 0L, 2500 4X4, SB and when I sold this truck to my younger son in 07 it had faded. The liner was and is treated no different than the LINE-X liner; but the two are totally different in color appearance. He still has the truck waiting for me to sell the 08 to him, if I ever get a new Ram with a Cummins in it. Everybody who sees the two trucks together can instantly tell which one is Rhino and which one is Line-X bed liners by the color appearance. That is why I went with the Line-X bed liner it tends to keep a darker black color appearance to me.
    Jim W.

Jim W , Aug 14, 2013
  10. rasha

THINKS FOR SHARING
    I agree, after reading about all the other types out there, I think the Line X has the best reputation. I really like the job that was done and I have yet to talk with a person who has been unhappy with Line X. I did look at the local shops around me and the other shop in Seattle had no customer service and had posted prices of around $100 more for the same job. I have not been able to find what people have recently been paying and so I wanted to start this thread in hopes of getting more quotes on what other people have paid to give others a better idea on what a reasonable price should be.

rasha , Feb 27, 2016
  11. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Linex for looks, Rhino if you want things to stay put.

Cummins12V98 , Feb 27, 2016
  12. Liecha TDR MEMBER

Still going strong

About a year ago noticed a small chip out of the tailgate that something dinged. Have yet to go to the local linex dealer to have them fix it. Will see how it goes. Other than that the liner has seen its share of use and is going strong. It does seem a lot less slippery than when new which is nice since things now seem to stay more put. I will post more pictures of what it looks like this Spring when I take all the stuff out of the bed and give it a bath.

Liecha , Feb 27, 2016
  13. TRAMPLINEMAN TDR MEMBER

I've now had seven different brands of bed liner in six different trucks. The first one I ever got was from LineX. It was in a long bed and sprayed over the rails. It was also sprayed down the full length of the truck along the bottom 12". It's been on that truck for 16 years and still looks fantastic. The second was Rhino in the bed of a Tacoma. Hauled minimal loads with that truck and after about a year there were chips all over in the liner. It also faded real bad to a greyish color. Third was in a long bed, over the rails and down both sides of the truck. This one was Turboliner from Dave Smith in Idaho. This was probably the worst liner of them all. Faded bad, scratched easily and chipped easily. Fourth was another LineX in a long bed, over the rails, bumpers and nerf bars. After about 10 years now, everything still looks great. Fifth was from a company called LineIt in Duluth, MN. Had the bed, over the rails and down the sides of the truck done. The finish is holding up great, but it has chipped easily. Sixth is the factory liner in my '14 3500. It's pretty thin, has faded after one year and has chipped easily. Seventh is from a little shop in Marshfield, WI. They sprayed my front bumper on my '14. I've hit two deer with it, mowed over a few trees and pushed a truck out of the ditch. What ever this stuff is, it's tough!!

The first LineX was $400 for the bed and $500 for the sides. The Rhino was $350. The Turboliner was $400 for the bed and $600 for the sides. Second LineX was $450 for the bed, $500 for the bumpers and bars. The LineIt was $800 total. The factory liner in my '14, don't know how much, it was already in the truck. The bumper was $500 and worth every penny.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016
    TRAMPLINEMAN , Feb 27, 2016
  14. Mingoglia

I had a LineX in my 2001 and it still looked perfect when I sold my truck just before my '15 came in. My truck was in AZ it's whole life, and it looked perfect even after all those years baking in the AZ sun.

My '15 has a Turboliner in it. As some know my truck was stretched so I got a "new" takeoff long bed. Despite my wanting to go with LineX again, this bed already had the Turboliner and it was the color of my truck, so I reluctantly accepted it. I can already tell I won't be as happy with it as my LineX. Seems much softer.

Mingoglia , Feb 27, 2016
  15. dfb

450 on short bed in Carson City..Without side rails and tailgate rail since the area was covered anyway... Very Nice JOB btw..

16. Badunit

This thread is a few years old but, since it has been brought back up, I paid $480 + tax for Line-X for under rails on my short bed in Northern VA. I have a tonneau cover so the liner hasn't much chance of fading. The liner is pretty slick so I put a bed mat on top of it to keep stuff from sliding around. I had the mat before I got the liner.

Badunit , Feb 27, 2016
  17. 16919

Im glad to hear they can be had for around 500...Id like to get one sprayed depending on how much uncle sam wants to give back.

16919 , Feb 28, 2016