1. jeepit

Doesd anyone know of a company that builds a toy hauler trailer that can support a Jeep inside? I can only seem to find units that can carry ATV's.

jeepit , Mar 31, 2008
  2. wcjp

Haulmark and Carson.

wcjp , Mar 31, 2008
  3. SBeretz

Yeah, I tried to find the same thing and could not find anything that would support the weight and length of my TJ Unlimited, so I got a 3814SS Raptor and can flat tow my Jeep behind the trailer. That way I can still bring my quads along. The problem with the other trailers is there living quarters are a little cramped (wifes toy too). So I had to compromise. Jeep are pretty heavy and to get a real toy hauler with all the "stuff" they are usually too low on the actual cargo capacity. Plus, if you don't get a partition, you will smell gas and oil in your living quarters, which takes awhile to vent out. Scotty

SBeretz , Mar 31, 2008
  4. JCasper TDR MEMBER

Do you have a pic of that all setup and ready to tow?

JCasper , Mar 31, 2008
  5. SBeretz

I do at home, I am currently away from the house, but once I get home I will be happy to send you one. It is long, but it pulls really well. I couldn't be happier with the set up and I don't have to worry about overloading my trailer with cargo. Scotty

Added some pics, minus the Jeep

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
    SBeretz , Mar 31, 2008
  6. blacksheep4x4

A dealership here in Montana sells a trailer called the Work & Play I believe it can haul that much weight. Give them a call 406-761-3520

blacksheep4x4 , Mar 31, 2008
  7. JKloppe

I have a trailer for sale that will hold your jeep. How big is your jeep? Do you have wider axles?

21. 4" on the floor + vee nose. bumper pull

2 8,000 lb axle 8 lug (8 on 6. 5)

4 bunks that fold up against wall

3 way fridge (propane, ac, dc)

microwave

20,000 btu furnace

16,000 btu rough neck AC unit

40,000 btu Bosh on demand water heater, never run out of hot water. flotec variable rpm constant pressure pump.

4000 watt onan micro quite generator

40 gal fuel tank with transfer pump and filter (the generator uses this fuel so it has to be some grade of unleaded fuel in the tank)

weber grill

2 inch insulation in roof

1 inch in walls

the entire inside is sprayed with armorthane spray in polyurathane bedliner. clean up is as easy as pressure washing and a little soap.

the back gate is lowered by warn 1700lb winch (the winch overkill big time)

Interior lighting includes white leds for battery power and 3 8ft pairs of florescent.

rear flood light

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

$12,500

I will get some pics if interested.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2008
    JKloppe , Mar 31, 2008
  8. Troubleshooter

The Work & Play is built by Forest River; I've seen them but never owned or used one. Toy Hauler Travel Trailers and Fifth Wheels by Forest River

I did camp next to a fellow last year who had a 3-axle toyhauler in which he hauled a Jeep Wrangler. He said that he had it custom-built with a larger-than-normal cargo area (and condensed the living area). He hauled it with a 1-ton Dodge Ram CTD. Unfortunately, I can't recall the manufacturer at the moment.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    Troubleshooter , Mar 31, 2008