1. Tractorat

Tractorat , Dec 5, 2014
  2. KBurgoyne

The Remington trigger needs some maintenance. The bolt should be taken apart every now and then to clean it out and put a drop of oil on the pin, and there are lube ports in the trigger mech itself. The point is that you cannot tell the intelligence level of those that had the problem from the article. A mechanism full of shmutz will malfunction. Have you ever seen the used rack at Cabelas? There is a bunch crap stuck in those guns. Makes you think these folks just sold them cause they were too lazy to clean them.

The article also mentions that people were shot and killed as a result of the malfunctions. Or.....people were shot and killed because someone was ignoring the basic safety rules of handling firearms. Probably the same people that never clean their guns. This might be a legitimate problem on 1 in tens of thousands of rifles, but stupid people have inflated the problem. I have the X-mark pro trigger, and its awesome.

KBurgoyne , Dec 7, 2014
  3. HSpiering

I just went to the Remington web page. Clicked on recall and took a look at the recall notice. I have a 700 varmint. I had a gunsmith do some work on it and will do ½ moa at 100 yds with hand loads. He did not change the trigger. Any way there is a picture of two type of triggers. By the looks of that I’m good to go. I have the ribbed trigger.

HSpiering , Dec 7, 2014
  4. Tractorat

I bought my 700 BDL in 1972 or 73. Never had any issues. The reason I might be interested in the recall is that years and years ago I noticed a change in the trigger. When it was brand new, it had some trigger squeeze, and then the trigger pull. What I noticed is that the trigger squeeze disappeared, and the trigger pull became quite a bit stiffer. Nothing that I didnt easily overcome, so I never thought much of it. As old as my rifle is, I dont even know if it is covered under the recall. It is certainly not a safety hazard.

Tractorat , Dec 7, 2014
  5. BIGNASTY

Been doing some reading in a Book and on a Movie that's out, the rifles he used were listed this is a 300 Win Mag the Factory Trigger must be pretty good

Although Kyle doesn’t specify that this was a SOCOM Mk-13 in his book, industry experts tell me that is likely what he was using. Here are the most likely components for the rifle Kyle is shown using in the photos above:
    •Remington 700 Long Action
    •Lilja Precision 26.5” 1:10 Barrel
    •McMillan A-2 Tactical Stock with saddle-type adjustable cheek-piece
    •McCann Industries Integrated Rail System (MIRS) Rifle Mount
    •Remington Factory Trigger
    •M16 Extractor Bolt Modification
    •Nightforce 20 MOA Picatinny Rail
    •Nightforce High Rings (allows proper alignment with nightvision optics)
    •Nightforce NXS 8-32×56 Scope
    •Knights Armament Mk-11 Suppressor (aka SR-25 Suppressor)
    •Harris 6-9” Swivel Bipod

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2015/01/17/american-sniper-chris-kyle-rifles/

BIGNASTY , Jan 21, 2015
  6. Newt

I ran across this today.

Newt

Newt , Jan 22, 2015
  7. BIGNASTY

Well let it never be said that I WONT START A FIGHT!!

I shoot a 338/378 I will put it up to any 338 LPM and the Horsepower is almost identical, the LPM gets the publicity for its Military use. Elk Dropped with not one step, it fell where it was hit 1175 yrds away. LPM can be used to the same end. DEAD is DEAD

Wife shoots a 300 win mag that's an Elk tamer to 1000 yads her personal best was 745 yrds

I have read all the different variations of this guys book some say one thing some say another. The common thread was that most of his Kills were with a 300 Win.

BIGNASTY , Jan 22, 2015