Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryq TDR MEMBER

Anyone have experience with this?

Seems like a neat idea !

L

larryq , Feb 20, 2022
  2. Topzide TDR MEMBER

The CARB letter seems a bit sketchy! I've never seen a GOVT document that has the year typed but the day hand written in. Maybe it's legit but I know I wouldn't use it on anything that has a warranty. They could deny you just by having something that interferes with the stock wiring of the engine components! you'd have to unplug and remove it before going in and I'm sure that there are "finger prints" left due to jumping the wiring of those 2 sensors. JM2C

Topzide , Feb 21, 2022
  3. lpennock

Looks like an update to the old school pressure boxes. They worked by fooling the computer to think it need to provide more fuel or advance than it actually needed. Most time they did this by telling the computer that the rail pressure was lower than it really was. They did help power and efficiency some but where harder on injectors. As Topzide said you would want to remove it before taking the truck into the dealer for any work since it has visible connections. I heard of dealers trying to deny warranty for just having a edge Insight until the computer scan showed no programmer had been used. When they see the connections to this they would deny so you would need to make sure it was completely removed before taking it in.

lpennock , Feb 21, 2022
  4. sag2 TDR MEMBER

They shim the pressure relief valve as part of the install. The valve is there to protect the injectors from cracking and other types of damage from excessive pressure. Not exactly the safest thing to do.

sag2 , Feb 21, 2022
    bcbender, brucejohnson and Tuesdak like this.
  5. larryq TDR MEMBER

Nowhere in the instructions do they mention shimming the relief valve.

2 electrical connections that fit between the factory harnesses and the scorcher!

The third electrical connection is to the battery!

It raises boost, adds injector duration.

Helps throttle lag and improves efficiency.

More like the old van Aiken boxes in the early 24v engines.
    That box only corrected the ridiculous timing placed on those engines.

I know, I had a 98.5 24v and after that van Aiken box, the truck was a completely different animal!
    It doesn’t seem like some of the old over fuel boxes.

If using an blue tooth device, you don’t even need it run wires into the cab!

This unit seems really interesting!

Just need to save a few pennies and I think I’m there.

Anyone own one??
    L

Last edited: Feb 24, 2022
    larryq , Feb 24, 2022
    NIsaacs likes this.
  6. sag2 TDR MEMBER

Look on page 15-17

Attached Files:

sag2 , Feb 28, 2022
    Topzide likes this.
  7. larryq TDR MEMBER

larryq , Feb 28, 2022
  8. bcbender TDR MEMBER

TDR montra applies again...."your truck your money...." :cool:

I cant figure out how 1000lb/ft is not enough... but I guess I'm getting old. My 20' HO has more than enough power, get up n go, and capability; and way more than my 04 ever had even with all my expensive mods.. BONUS, it has a warranty for the next 8yrs so I am not going down a rabbit hole of aftermarket expensive things to risk a warranty denial when something goes south. JM2C.

bcbender , Mar 1, 2022
    06 Dodge, Topzide, lpennock and 2 others like this.
  9. Turbo Terry

How much horsepower will a stock aisin 6 speed hold before it is toast. Back in the good old days ? That was a limiting factor on how much horsepower you could add . Expensive transmission upgrades where needed to make it happen

Turbo Terry , Mar 1, 2022