Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Pendleton

I have a 2010 CTD, Mega Cab, Short Box, 4WD. Completely stock.

My stock exhaust system is quietly rusting away, and not only does it look bad, it's leaving piles of rust on my garage floor.

I'd like to replace it. OEM is an option, I guess. I'm open to anything else, but I'm not sure what I need. I'm checking various sites and see I can get turbo-back, filter-back and some things in between.

What do I need?

Thanks all.

David Pendleton , Nov 29, 2017
  2. Jim W TDR MEMBER

Are you staying with the DPF filter and catalyst on your truck? Or are you planning on deleting the truck? Which ever you plan on doing is going to cause you to have a different exhaust system for your truck. Such as Turbo back if deleted or Filter back if you do not delete.

I use MBRP exhaust system for my truck, and would recommend them to you. I have had this on my truck since 09 with no issues. What you would want to get is the 4" Filter Back, Single Side Exit, T409, which uses T304 stainless steel material. This is compatible with the DPF and catalyst on your truck.
    Here is a link to this system: https://mbrpautomotive.com/index.php?page=products&part=S6130409

Jim W , Nov 30, 2017
  3. Wayne M.

Very happy with fit and quality with my MBRP 409 system

Wayne M. , Nov 30, 2017
  4. MarkEagleUSA TDR MEMBER

Love my MBRP system as well. Nice sound, stainless steel, lifetime warranty... what's not to like?

MarkEagleUSA , Nov 30, 2017
  5. David Pendleton

Thank you. I'm not going to delete. I'm looking into your recommendations.

David Pendleton , Dec 6, 2017
  6. FOXY005 TDR MEMBER

I installed a Silverline T304 Stainless Steel turbo back system (the 03's did not have a Cat) in Oct. of 2009.
    I am happy with the sound, I would discribe it as a "Mellow" sounding exhaust tone ie a little throatier than the stock system.
    A little pricy, but it still looks as new as the day it was installed.

FOXY005 , Dec 7, 2017