Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchojnacki TDR MEMBER

I have an '01 4x4. Manufacture date is 07/01.

The steering stabilizer leaked out. I tried to purchase a Skyjacker dual system. Their part will not fit. After much research, I have found that my front end matches a '03!!

Skyjacker part for '03 looks like it will fit my truck. Looking at TDR issue 67 page 106, this picture matches my truck. Question; did Dodge do some switching of parts?

I am second owner and spoke with first owner. He says the only thing he changed were to replace some suspension with Moog parts.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Mike

mchojnacki , Sep 24, 2010
  2. Road Dog TDR MEMBER

Dodge was always fiddling with the front end. Some years the sway bar links go up and some they go down. Dodge switched from inverted Y-steering configuration to T-steering and back to Y again (around 1999). For the 3rd gen they went back to T (I think). To add to that, Dodge makes these changes mid-year to screw up the jobbers. So you truck may match an '02 or an '00 depending on when things changed.

Road Dog , Sep 24, 2010