1. Bernie

I have been looking for a Dodge Magnum (ok, make fun of me another time for that). Today, I won an auction:

Dodge : Magnum | eBay

I contacted the seller at the end of the auction, and they are refusing to honor the auction! Per eBay, they have no recourse when a dealer does this sort of underhanded thing.

I am looking for your help. Anyone who is disappointed by this type of behavior from an auto dealer, please contact the dealer and let them know how you feel:

Mark Bernard: (480) 440-5841

-- email address removed --

Teen Dierks: (602) 457-2144

Used car sales line: 877-430-1963

Internet Sales line: 877-365-8219

http://www.facebook.com/bellfordaz

Please email facebook, or call one of these numbers, and let them know you do not approve of dealerships who list eBay auctions as no reserve, only to try and raise the price when the successful bidder attempts to pay.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2020
    Bernie , Jul 6, 2012
  2. Hoefler

I would file a report with EBay, then call the dealer and talk with the general manager and the owner. They probably are not aware of what is going on. I had a similar experience the Royal Gate Dodge out side of St. Louis. The sales man was not very honest with me, when I got there, after driving over 5 hours. The truck i was going to purchase, was a theft recovery that was recovered from a 4' deep mud hole. I talked with the sales manager about the truck, showed him what my concerns were. He sold me a new 05 for less than what I was going to spend on the 04 and drove it home. I latter found out the the sales man was let go.

Hoefler , Jul 7, 2012
  3. Bernie

I have not been able to get through to the "manager". Every time I ask for him I get the same individual I am having trouble with (who is internet sales manager, or some other middle level manager).

I have written a letter to the owner of the dealership, and just got back in from the post office where I sent it certified. Not quick, butI want to make sure it gets in to the owners hands, and I can't think of any other way to make sure that happens.

As for eBay ... . useless. They have basically said sorry, but there is nothing we can do about it. Feel free to leave them negative feedback. I have used eBay for many years quite successfully, and even had a few problems they have been good to work with on. I am surprised at how cavalier they have been to this dealer who is misrepresenting cars on eBay and getting away with it.

Bernie , Jul 7, 2012
  4. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

This sounds like the reason the seller only has 50% positive feedback.

AH64ID , Jul 7, 2012
  5. Bernie

My negative dropped it there. I didn't realize the positives they had were old, and didn't equate in to the current feedback. It was 100% prior to my bad feedback.

Bernie , Jul 7, 2012
  6. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Do you know the general manager's name? Try calling their local number, 602-866-1776, and asking for him by name. Just ask for him by his first name like you're a friend of his. If they ask who's calling, just give them your first name, like you're a friend of his, unless they press.

If that doesn't work call another department, say, parts 888-359-3574, or service 888-359-3575, and try the same thing.

BigPapa , Jul 7, 2012
  7. rscurtis

Ebay's feedback rating system is a joke, much like our educational system, where everyone is above average or test scores are curved to fit the performance of a particular group of students. Almost everyone has 100% feedback, with only a few dropping into the nineties.

Having said that, I've bought and sold many items on ebay and never had a bad experience. However, I have never bought or sold a vehicle.

Try Googling the name of the dealership, and see what comes up. If they're dirtbags, you'll find plenty of stories.

rscurtis , Jul 7, 2012