Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRiggan

Does anyone have "The Fix" for all of these 2500 trucks that shake at or around 60 to 75 mph?

New tires/ re balanced several times / new drive shaft .. nothing gives. My passenger seat shakes like a paint shaker?

CRiggan , Oct 2, 2021
  2. C M McCormick TDR MEMBER

Long bed short bed??

Craig

C M McCormick , Oct 2, 2021
  3. Regcabguy

What brand tires?

Regcabguy , Oct 8, 2021
  4. EDankievitch TDR MEMBER

Where did you get the driveshaft? The one on my 2013 ended up being way out of round. First clue was the HUGE weights installed to try to balance it. I got a used one from some dealer on eBay and the trucks night an day different.

EDankievitch , Oct 10, 2021
    Ozymandias and Rob S like this.
  5. avvblanc01

Give this video a watch and run through the front end. Likely the source of your issue will present as a worn or tired front end joint/bushing. If it isn’t that, then driveshaft, u-joints and tires would be the next culprits. Tires are extremely common, and the easiest way to diagnose that is to swap with another truck without vibration. My truck had a nasty tire vibration, even though the tires balanced perfectly on a balancer. Ended up just being a bum tire, but I wouldn't have known if I hadn’t swapped with a friend!

avvblanc01 , Oct 12, 2021
  6. brillmtb1

avvblanc01, thats a great video. I am very picky or sensitive or something but my 2017 started having a little clunking to it. Now with what I think are bad shocks as I am getting huge jounce turning slightly lets say to the left and hitting a bump I am changing shocks this weekend but I wondered if I have something else wearing out unless my shock is broken and thats what I feel. This video will help if shocks dont fix it. I have the upgraded bar, drag link? not sure what they call it but got it installed after a back and forth with the dealer and I only have 67K on my truck so I hope its just the shocks.

brillmtb1 , Oct 12, 2021
  7. avvblanc01

The best thing you can do is change things one item at a time so you work work through the truck via process of elimination. Start with shocks and see if that helps. If not, start chasing down any other play up front on the truck!

avvblanc01 , Oct 13, 2021