Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcrockett

No AC, freon ok, AC button lights up when pressed. Dealer says need new compressor but when I checked, there was no voltage to clutch. Is there a fuse somewhere?

gcrockett , Mar 20, 2023
  2. seafish

If you’re truck is pre 2006 there is both a fuse and a relay in the PDC (fuse box)

That said it is fairly common on 3rd gen trucks for the wire that runs underneath the fan to control theAC clutch to come out of its creating clip and get damaged or even broken.

I suggest that you check under the truck for the wire first.

just my .02

seafish , Mar 20, 2023
  3. gcrockett

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately 2007 so TIPM controls. I'll trace the wire back from the compressor.

gcrockett , Mar 20, 2023
  4. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Faulty pressure switches can have same result. Check pressures with AlfaOBD to see what the TIPM/ECM sees.

Ozymandias , Mar 20, 2023
  5. airbus320 TDR MEMBER

I had this happen with my 2006. The TIPM will disconnect power to the A/C clutch if is senses to much current draw. As the A/C clutch wears it requires more current to engage the compressor. There are usually 2 option, replaced the compressor assembly or the the clutch only. I choose to replace the compressor since it was the original A/C compressor. I bought a kit from NAPA that included the compressor, orifice tube assembly and receiver dryer.

airbus320 , Apr 14, 2023
  6. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Same experience here, clutch draws too much and TIPM will cut the power.
    Had my local dealer reset the circuit and left connector unplugged until I could change the clutch. Then it was ready to go when I plugged the new clutch in after swapping it out.

mwilson , Apr 14, 2023
  7. gcrockett

Well you all were right as usual, clutch went out, TIPM shut down. New compressor and reset TIPM all is good!

gcrockett , Apr 14, 2023
  8. Topzide TDR MEMBER

TDR strikes again! What a great forum that's full of people to help with the "been there, done that".

Topzide , Apr 15, 2023