Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grayhackle

I have been using Geno's fuel filters since new. The last 2 changes I have had the filter stuck and was unable to pull it out by hand. I asked Geno's if there had been any problems reported or changes in mfg. but received no reply. So I switched to Baldwin and now it needs changing. So my question is: Has anyone had this problem and if so did they pry it out with something or how did they get it out? Previously I just put the lid back on and had it changed.

Grayhackle , Feb 22, 2022
  2. bighammer

Refresh my memory... Isn't it a black plastic cap that unscrews, then when you pull it out, the filter cartridge is sort of stuck on it loosely?

bighammer , Feb 22, 2022
  3. Grayhackle

Yes, but it comes loose from the cap and filter remains stuck in the cannister

Grayhackle , Feb 22, 2022
  4. bighammer

That's odd. It was always stuck to the cap. Can't you just grab it and yank it out? There shouldn't be anything holding it.

bighammer , Feb 22, 2022
  5. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

I would make sure the inside of the canister is clean, but it’s also likely that the retention tabs on the lid are aging.

I’ve had them pop out of the lid and had to pull them out separately. Was it difficult to pull out?

That being said the Baldwin is a better filter than the Fleetguard.

AH64ID , Feb 22, 2022