1. TFucili

We always try to fly Old Glory when we set up camp. I was searching around today thinking someone must make a mount that clamps onto the trailer gooseneck, but came up dry. I can fab one, but would have to borrow a welder, etc. Has anybody seen one?

TFucili , Nov 11, 2018
  2. DHayden

I didnt see any pre made adapters for a gooseneck either. Plenty of them around for a 2" receiver. What type of gooseneck hitch do you have? Would be fairly easy to drill a hole through a flag pole that fits in a B&W hitch that the locking pin would hold in place.

DHayden , Nov 11, 2018
  3. TFucili

In the truck, it's a B&W, on the trailer I think it's a Bulldog, but not sure. I am looking to mount the flag to the trailer.

TFucili , Nov 11, 2018
  4. DavidC

DavidC , Nov 11, 2018
    mwilson likes this.
  5. mwilson TDR MEMBER

Was just down by my trailer, but hadn’t seen this thread...if I go back down over the hill I’ll get you a picture of what I came up with.

mwilson , Nov 11, 2018
  6. TFucili

No ladder on this unit. If I had opted for the genset mounted on the roof at the rear, where the hay rack would be on a horse trailer, it would have a ladder. Plus being a toy hauler the ladder would be on the side, and at 102 wide I can't hardly see down the sides of the trailer in the mirrors so as it is. That would be a great setup, though.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    TFucili , Nov 11, 2018
  7. Wiredawg

I mounted a house flag pole holder and LED spot light to the front of the RV hitch. Cheers, Ron

20161008_214110.jpg #ad
    Spotlight.jpg #ad

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
    Wiredawg , Nov 25, 2018
    JR, DavidC and TFucili like this.
  8. Wiredawg

Just a little more info on the wiring: Most 5ers have some sort of hitch lighting, so pretty easy to tap into it an use the factory switch on the RV to turn on and off. On my DRV, there are a couple of LEDs either side of the hitch that I removed one, fished two wires to the opening, used two trusty old splices, and its wired. I used alcohol wipes to attach wiring along the hitch box to the light. BTW, I remove the light from its mount when hitching and traveling...don't want any "accidents" to take the light out. Cheers, Ron

Wiredawg , Nov 26, 2018
    TFucili likes this.
  9. Bob4x4

Try a company called something like flag poles and holders.they make a holder that sits under a tire.their poles extend out to 20 feet and have leds along with a flag at the top.mine is about 15 years old and still working like new(my mount attracted to the tongue,pull trailer)

Bob4x4 , Nov 26, 2018
    TFucili likes this.
  10. TFucili

I have looked at the under-tire mounts, and have not ruled that out.

TFucili , Nov 26, 2018
  11. DavidC

I looked at those. Wouldn't work with 16' slide on one side and awning on the other. The foot pad would have to be 10' long :D.

Dave

DavidC , Nov 26, 2018
    TFucili likes this.
  12. DavidC

I guess maybe a under tire mount could be used under a landing leg opposite of any slide if it does not block any hatch doors and the pad is long enough ?.

Dave

DavidC , Nov 27, 2018
  13. Wiredawg

TFucili, looking at your OP, I believe my solution would easily be modified for installation on a gooseneck tube using large radiator clamps from Home Depot. Same for the spotlight for nighttime display. I'd be happy to help you "engineer" this, if interested. Cheers, Ron

Wiredawg , Nov 27, 2018