Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RWherley TDR MEMBER

Dose anyone out there have a recommendation GOOD ball joints, I've been though all the brands of parts store crap and I've tried the Carli ones, the Carli ones did last the longest but when they wore out and I tried to use the "life time warranty" they asked for a video of the play with no measurements then told me that's not enough free play to worry about and refused to replace them despite 2 different PA inspection shops saying that they were bad. Guess I should clarify, this is in a 04 3500 DRW truck

RWherley , May 30, 2023
  2. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

Carli replaced my 14 years old upper joints last year at no charge. All they wanted was a picture of them. One side would never take grease. They came back and said... wow those are the older design.. they knew because they were black.

Be sure to research how to properly check these ball joints as they are different than regular ball joints. Your inspection shop may not know.

BTW we left PA 2 years ago and now live in Texas. They just passed a bill eliminating vehicle inspections. Not that many states require them.

Yo Hoot , May 30, 2023
    Ozymandias likes this.
  3. AEdelheit TDR MEMBER

EMF joints are great and cheaper then Carli.

Edit - The EMF joints do have a break in period, much like Carli and Dynatrack so the fist 500-1000 miles they might be a bit sticky.

Last edited: May 30, 2023
    AEdelheit , May 30, 2023
    Darkbloodmon and Diesel Gunner like this.
  4. Diesel Gunner

EMF for sure. Who else will respond to a text message on a Sunday? EMF does and I believe that it is a superior product.

Diesel Gunner , May 30, 2023
    AEdelheit likes this.
  5. RWherley TDR MEMBER

EMF as in the rebuild able ones that Geno's sells?

RWherley , May 30, 2023
  6. AEdelheit TDR MEMBER

AEdelheit , May 30, 2023
  7. Diesel Gunner

Yes, Indeed!

Diesel Gunner , May 30, 2023
  8. Darkbloodmon TDR MEMBER

EMF, I'm running them without issue. No complaints. Well built product.

Darkbloodmon , May 31, 2023
  9. jghflys

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    jghflys , May 31, 2023
    slowmover likes this.
  10. RWherley TDR MEMBER

Thanks, I'll give them a try

RWherley , Jun 10, 2023
  11. Garlicbreath

Dynatrac by far. Have them in my 06 and no issues at all.

Dynatrac is a company I have bought from for well over a decade, and they know axles!

Garlicbreath , Jun 19, 2023
  12. Regcabguy

Same here. Great product. I have their hubs also.

Regcabguy , Jun 19, 2023
  13. Blakers

I have over 200,000 miles on my Dynatrac joints are they are still good.
    Some PA inspection shops don't understand that these are NOT typical ball joints and can have some vertical free travel if there is no weight on them. I have an email from Dynatrac stating this that I carry in case I have to explain it to a shop. I've had no trouble.

Blakers , Jun 30, 2023
  14. Yo Hoot TDR MEMBER

They just eliminated inspections here in Texas

Yo Hoot , Jun 30, 2023
    06 Dodge and Blakers like this.
  15. Regcabguy

Dynatracs here for 7 yrs.

Regcabguy , Jun 30, 2023
  16. Regcabguy

The Dynatracs,EMF and Carli are well engineered products.

Regcabguy , Jun 30, 2023