Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GSP7

Anyone buy new rotors from RockAuto ? Anyone have issues with RockAuto and buying rotors having them shipped?

Even with shipping its alot less $ than my local napa . Maybe better quality rotors from Rock Auto too (??)

I'm looking at the getting maybe the Bendex 'high carbon' rotors

rear rotors for my new to me 2005

GSP7 , Jun 28, 2023
  2. Diesel85 TDR MEMBER

I buy a lot of stuff through RockAuto. So much that I get discount codes.

Highly recommended and never any problems.

I'll PM you a 5% discount code......

Diesel85 , Jun 28, 2023
  3. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Just got coated Raybestos* disc's from Rockauto a month ago.
    I use them a lot as they have good stuff** and they are fast.

Google the Discount code, there is a new one every month and it gives 5% off.

* I use Raybestos for brakes for the last 15 years and was never disappointed, so I do not look left or right here.

** also MOPAR parts, but they oftentimes only show up when you out the part# into their search engine and not in the regularlosting for your car.
    Just got an antilock controller that was nowhere available in a timely manner but Rock shipped it to me within two days.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    Ozymandias , Jun 28, 2023
    JLandry likes this.
  4. GSP7

Cool, My new to me truck has new pads on rear that were put on before I bought it, but the rear rotors are trashed and rusted bad, one is badly warped too. Front looks like new rotors though

I'm still deciding what rotors to get. I like Raybestos parts also. Might get one of the "rotor / pad" kits

Only thing about RockAuto that sucks is if you order a couple or a few different things they usually come from different warehouses and you get screwed on shipping. They charge you three different shipping cost $$$ for your One order. Usually that happens to me when I go to check out, so I wont buy from them.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
    GSP7 , Jun 28, 2023
  5. GSP7

Do the rotors slide right off the axle hub after you take the wheel and caliper off ?

GSP7 , Jun 28, 2023
  6. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

On the SRW yes. Caliper bracket needs to come off too.
    Sometimes it needs a hit or two with a hammer, put some anti-seize onto the hub for the new rotors.

7. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

They have search help for this, you need to switch that on.
    Once on, you drop all the parts that are acceptable for you into the basket and the AI sorts it out for the best price and shipping option.
    Of course that only works if you aren't settled on the brand of every single part you want.

8. GSP7

I dont see any "search help" or a turn on button or nuttin'

GSP7 , Jun 28, 2023
  9. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

But they chanced the position of the button.
    Its now below the articles instead of top right.

Screenshot_20230628_201045_Firefox~2.jpg #ad

So for example here you need a headlight bulb - so you drop all acceptable listing in your cart - then open the cart and it will show you one active articel and 5 grayed out ones. And so on, just play around with it and you figure out how that works.

10. GSP7

Danke

Ive seen the truck icons . My orders are always very specific on what I want and brands

Last edited: Jun 29, 2023
    GSP7 , Jun 28, 2023
  11. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Gern geschehen

12. NIsaacs

You might try Summit, free shipping over $109. They have some in stock others are drop shipped.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ben-prt5452/make/dodge/model/ram-2500/year/2005

NIsaacs , Jun 29, 2023
  13. Topzide TDR MEMBER

I've used RockAuto for many parts over the years. The truck icon lets you know that they are in the same warehouse. Sometime you need to make separate orders to make shipping somewhat better but pricing is always better than most other options. Have gotten rotors for my 3500 from them and they have proven reliable and didn't have to go and get them! The 5% discount codes help offset taxes on the order.

Topzide , Jun 29, 2023
  14. GSP7

I like Summit too . Looks like as good of prices as rock auto

How do the coated(painted) rotors hold up?

Some times coating like powder coat get rust under the coating at a chip and it bubbles and rust takes over under the coating and it is worse than if it wasnt painted, Like my goose neck hitch frame

GSP7 , Jun 29, 2023
  15. BarryG TDR MEMBER

I have never had issues with Rock Auto either.
    As far as getting the old ones off can be a crapshoot. On my 01 when I replaced the rear rotors on one side a couple hits with a BFH worked no problem (fyi I tried a rubber/hard plastic mallet did nothing for me had to break out a I think it was 2lb hammer that got them moving). The other side was way more than a couple hits. It took dozens of hits. You just cant get a good swing with the hammer due to space constraints. I was actually beginning to get worried that I wasnt going to be able to get it off. However a smack turn the rotor a bit another smack and round and round I went and it slowly but surely came off. The truck had 375k miles on it at the time.

BarryG , Jun 29, 2023