Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Stockard

According to Allpar, there are several changes being made to the 2016 model year 2500/3500 trucks. From Allpar:

"According to reliable source oh2o, production of the 2016 model year heavy duty pickups begins on July 20, 2015. Aside from the Laramie Limited, already shown at the Chicago Auto Show (and pictured here), they are likely to have conventional cross-hair grilles."

"The rear camera will be able to toggle between a cargo view and the backup camera; the cargo view camera will be packaged in the Convenience Group with rain-sensing wipers and automatic-beam headlamps."

"Finally, the usual paint changes are going to be made, with red pearl replacing deep cherry red, “Luxury Brown” replacing “Western brown,” and a new pearl white option on higher-level trucks starting with September production."

Bill

Bill Stockard , May 22, 2015
  2. DAN V

Its about time they got the camera to toggle from the two views. I will believe that when I see it. Hopefully there will be an update where we can take ours in to have it done if we would want that.

DAN V , May 22, 2015
  3. Joseph Donnelly

They only gave copperhead pearl a half year run. I'm gonna wait until they bring it back.

Joseph Donnelly , May 22, 2015
  4. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

""The rear camera will be able to toggle between a cargo view and the backup camera" My backup is in the rear view, NOT HAPPY!!! Hope there is a flash for it.

Cummins12V98 , May 22, 2015
  5. GTOWag

Has anyone heard if RAM has come out with a flash or fix for our 2015 trucks yet. I wish I had never ordered the cargo camera since it moved the backup camera to the rear view mirror UGH!

GTOWag , Oct 4, 2017
  6. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

That is why I did not want the cargo camera. I installed a 4.3" display and a camera on the box of my front box that looks straight at the hitch.

Lockpick and give you control over your cameras.

SnoKing

SnoKing , Oct 4, 2017
  7. GTOWag

The recent OTA (over the air) UConnect firmware update almost fixed the problem. When in reverse the radio display brings up the cargo camera. There are two icons in the upper left corner that is supposed to let you select which camera you want to view similar to "Jail Breaker". But when you press on the icon for the backup camera you get the cargo camera and when you press on the icon for the cargo camera you get a blue screen, no backup camera except for in the rear view mirror. I contacted UConnect and this is their reply "Thank you for your response, with regards to the matter there will be an upcoming FOTA (Firmware Over The Air) update to address this issue. Please be patient while this update is being delivered". Hopefully this will be the solution to our problem.

GTOWag , Nov 3, 2017
  8. SnoKing TDR MEMBER

Interesting. I will have to look and see if my non-cargo cam system has the icons. I would like to move the hitch cam to the cargo cam input if so. I have a cam in the RAM's head in the front grill also that looks down at the front bumper.

SnoKing

SnoKing , Nov 3, 2017
  9. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

After my update that is what mine looks like. Still PIZZED I can't see my backup in the big screen!

If they get this fixed and the 19's are ugly I may just keep this truck!!!

Cummins12V98 , Nov 4, 2017