Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Archive

Hello all, I know that there has been alot of discussion on this but, I was curious for a near purchase. I am interested in the auto meter, any info on quality and reliability would be helpful. Thanks again, by the way the new truck was picked up on 12-23-2000 Patriot blue QC LB 5 spd. 4900 miles and smooth cruisin. [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad
    [​IMG]#ad

Archive , Jan 22, 2001
  2. Archive

Fight'N Irish,

I have the autometer gauges... ... see sig. I prefer analog to digital while driving and reading gauges. The quality of AutoMeter products are very high, no rattles and very responsive to changes in readings All in all..... they are great.

On a side note... . if you decide to go with the AutoMeters, make sure to order the correct thermocouple probe... . #5244

Gary

------------------
    01' 2500 - QC/SB, ISB w/Auto, 4X4, 3. 54 LSD, Solid White - Westin Bars, A. R. E. Cap, Bug/Vent Sheilds, K&N air filter, Autometer Ultralites Boost/EGT/Trans/Fuel, Custom 4" Exhaust, AutoTransformed DTT TC & VB.

[*]TU Member
    [*]NRA Member

[This message has been edited by RollCast (edited 01-22-2001). ]

Archive , Jan 22, 2001
  3. Archive

The lighting is not the best, no argument there but I like my Isspro analog's. I have one plain black face one and a colored one(forget the model numbers) for pre and post EGT's. The lighting on the colored model is better. I have read here that Isspro is addressing this problem.

Archive , Jan 22, 2001
  4. Archive

I also have Autometer with a 3 gauge A pillar setup. So far I have no problems with them. They appaer to be accurate and steady. I like reading them better that digital. Easier to scan a position on the dial than trying to read a number as you drive down the road in heavy traffic.

My 0. 02 worth.

Archive , Jan 22, 2001
  5. Archive

I guess I have to be the "Flip Side. " I have the SPA digital combo boost/egt (got it from HVAC) and I love it. The display is clear, the backlight doesn't bother me at night. I have driven it on long trips (1100 miles) mostly at night and barely notice the guage unless I am trying to get a reading. It has some nice features also like max readings history, and pre-set alarm limits.

DIGITAL !!!!!!!

Archive , Jan 22, 2001
  6. Archive

I really love my Isspro's because:
    1)they're a simple mechanical gauge
    2)boost gauge goes up to 50psi
    3)the faces match the factory dash
    4)affordable

I will definitely be using these on my next truck.

-Mike

Archive , Jan 22, 2001
  7. Archive

I think I'm warming up to the idea of some Autometer gauges on the A Pillar. Does anyone have opinions on the mounts that are overlays vs. complete A Pillar replacements. I'm looking for a clean factory kind of look.
    Also it seems that either way you need to paint. How about installation?
    ------------------
    97 2500 Reg Cab, 4X4, AT, SLT-loaded, 3. 54 bedliner, Red/Driftwood

[This message has been edited by Fatboy (edited 01-23-2001). ]

Archive , Jan 22, 2001
  8. Archive

Right on MikeR. Isspro is nothing fancy but they are well built.

Archive , Jan 22, 2001
  9. Archive

Autometer are some of the finest gauges available, used in all major racing, NHRA, IMSA, IHRA, BAJA, you name it there in it.
    JRE offers a 50 lb. Ultralite Boost gauge by Autometer, initiated by Kat Diesel.

I have them in my truck, the EGT is the most responsive in the industry.
    Move the throttle and the gauge moves as fast as the tach.

------------------
    Ted Jannetty, Owner President, Jannetty Racing Enterprises, Inc.
    97 3500 4x4 club cab 5spd. RED, JRE custom power kit, JRE 4" exhaust
    JRE 1/2 inch fuel system, Bosch 300 hp injectors, Prime loc,
    Cummins chrome kit, US Gear 20% over drive, 3. 54 posi, Autometer
    Ultralite 50lb. boost, and Pyrometer, BD exhaust brake.
    Horton fan clutch

99 Ski-Doo 800 Formula III Pipes, reeds, studs and clutching 172 hp
    99 Honda Forman 450 ES jet kit, pipe, lift kit, 27" Mud Runners
    2001 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X stock for now 140 hp
    2000 TransAm Ram Air WS6 Flowmaster, K&N, Granatelli Mass air meter, LS1 Lid 370 hp
    1973 Camaro Rally Sport Street Strip 850+ HP

Archive , Jan 23, 2001
  10. Archive

I am almost to the point of going with some TST gages. Any thoughts on them? Thanks Later Jim

Archive , Jan 23, 2001