1. TexasRed

All,

Piecing my 93 D350 back together and am wondering about the fuel system. My sending unit is dead and the prior owner put on a green Edelbrock frame mount pump. I'm seeing the Fleece unit with or without the fuel pumps, the FASS pump, and the factory lift pump.

What is the factory setup? Is the lift pump the only pump prior to the injector pump?

Any tips or suggestions on which direction to go?

TexasRed , Aug 18, 2023
  2. petersonj TDR MEMBER

The factory lift pump is a mechanical pump driven by a camshaft lobe. It is bolted onto the left side of the engine block. A very simple and reliable pump.

- John

petersonj , Aug 18, 2023
    Ozymandias likes this.
  3. TexasRed

Is there any in-tank pump, or is that purely an aftermarket deal?

TexasRed , Aug 18, 2023
  4. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Answer:

BigPapa , Aug 18, 2023
  5. RWherley TDR MEMBER

The engine mounted lift pump is the only one, there is nothing in the tank and there's a good chance that the green one on your frame might actually be working against you and causing fuel restrictions if it's not big enough. Best way to tell is put a fuel pressure gauge on, I believe the stock lift pump should make around 15psi at idle and hold around 10 at WOT

RWherley , Aug 20, 2023
  6. TexasRed

That was my thought. My sending unit is toast, so it has to be replaced. I'll likely bite the bullet and go with the Fleece all-in-one unit.

TexasRed , Aug 21, 2023
  7. RWherley TDR MEMBER

Just make sure it's set right and doesn't over pressure your VE pump to much case pressure can by pass the main shaft seal and put fuel in your oil

RWherley , Aug 21, 2023