Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monovasia

Just threw this code... changed the Fuel filters @10k ago (Fleetguard or Mopar from Geno's)....truck running fine, 121k on the clock....1st code she has ever thrown....

Napa has the switch in stock... what am I looking at in replacing it myself? Called the dealer and right away he was talking a $6k injector job (without even looking at the problem....unbelievable)

Thanks in advance for your council....

monovasia , Nov 25, 2022
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Keep calm, erase the code and drive on. Watch for it to come back.
    No sense to start throwing parts at it only because a code blinks up once, can be a electronic hiccup as good.

Ozymandias , Nov 26, 2022
  3. monovasia

Thanks.... I am going change my fuel filter and reset the plug, check for any frayed wiring etc...then clear the code... simple stuff first

monovasia , Nov 26, 2022
    Ozymandias likes this.
  4. monovasia

Quick update: Changed the fuel filter (Mopar)....the Fleetguard filter after 10k was pretty clean...reset the code with the scan tool... and so far, so good...no check engine light after about an hour drive...I can think of only the following:

1.) Random Gremlin
    2.) The 2012 does not have a fuel filter "reset" menu and perhaps the SW thought it was way over due and flashed a code
    3.) The Fleetguard, although clean may have been dirty enuff to reduce pressue
    4.) I did the 3 pedal key on reset when I did the Oil change...not sure if that includes the FF (although I doubt it)

I am pretty psychotic when it comes to maintenance, so anything out of the ordinary drives me crazy

Thanks Ozymandis for your comment....

monovasia , Nov 26, 2022
  5. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Just so you know, P0191 has nothing to do with the filters or low pressure side of the fuel system. It’s all about rail pressure at idle on a cold start. This is from AllData.

2062DE0B-CC4D-41A0-BD28-00A6361FA644.jpeg #ad

BigPapa , Nov 26, 2022
    MKDU4 likes this.
  6. monovasia

Interesting... the code went off on a trip of around 2 hours... running at highway speeds....thanks for the info BigPapa

monovasia , Nov 26, 2022