Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tp0d

hey guys. .

the keyless entry on my '05 3500 is killin me. . I did a few searches and couldnt find what I was lookin for.

What I`d like to do, is instead of having to hit it twice to unlock all doors, I want to have it unlock all doors on the first button hit. That would be great. .

Have also tried the seat belt ding fix... could -not- make it work. Any other suggestions on it?

Thanks!

Jerry

tp0d , Jun 16, 2005
  2. thejeepdude

RTFM! #@$%! It's in there! I just did this to my '05. . one click unlock. :)

For the seatbelt, just follow the directions except instead of "at least" it should say "exactly" three times you have to re-buckle the seat belt.

thejeepdude , Jun 16, 2005
  3. AlexWV

The instructions for changing the key to one time opens all the doors is in the manual. That is what RTFM means. ;)

I couldn't get the seatbelt ding thing to shut up either. As thejeepdude points out, it does say "at least three times". I always gave it one or two extra for good measure so that might be the ticket. Will try with exactly three.

AlexWV , Jun 16, 2005
  4. Hercules130

it took a couple tries for me to get rid of the seatbelt ding, but it eventually worked. just follow the owners manual for the one click unlock of the doors.

Hercules130 , Jun 16, 2005
  5. boonsur

There's also a procedure in the manual to disable the auto-lock at 15 MPH feature.

boonsur , Jun 16, 2005
  6. XJSuperman

How do you disable the friggin' PANIC alarm. I'm about ready to unplug my horns... damn thing goes off if I look at the remote wrong.

XJSuperman , Jun 16, 2005
  7. nickleinonen

i've never managed to set mine off yet... i even think i have tried setting it off pressing the button and nothing???

nickleinonen , Jun 16, 2005
  8. Cattletrkr

Managed to set mine off the first time I had the truck out. Haven't done it since.

Try plugging the center seatbelt into the drivers recepticle and visa-versa

Cattletrkr , Jun 16, 2005
  9. Scrappy

the panic function will scare the stuff out of you if you have air horns tied into the factory horns like I do. but I dare someone to break into my truck because it will wake the neighborhood!

Scrappy , Jun 16, 2005
  10. Kerm

I could not get the dag gum seatbelt chime to turn off either! I just use the middle seats lap belt and put it in the drivers seatbelt hole. Problem solved!

Kerm , Jun 17, 2005
  11. BHolm

Is there a way to get ALL of the doors to UNLOCK when I get out? I normally get out, walk around the truck only to find all the other doors locked and I have to go back around to the drivers door to unlock the rest. I would like the auto lock on but would also like an auto UNlock. Can it be done?

BHolm , Jun 17, 2005
  12. PHeadings

I second that motion!

PHeadings , Jun 17, 2005
  13. RMachida

The directions are in the owners manual for this as well but I can't find "Park" on my 6sp.

RMachida , Jun 17, 2005
  14. BHolm

YES! I found it in the manual and was successful. Now for the seatbelt chime, where in the manual are the instructions to disable that bugger? The auto door unlock instructions were on pg 21 of my 2005 owners manual.

BHolm , Jun 17, 2005
  15. AlexWV

I do that all the time.

I ran through the procedure to enable the auto unlock about 1 dozen

times. It dings and everything. But the doors never unlock. They do lock.

Like RMachda said, the manual says the truck has to be in Park for this

to work. It seems like they forgot to do something about that for 6-spds.

On the other hand, I brought this up in another thread a while ago and

somebody with a 6-spd said it worked for them.

I tried with the truck in 1st, Reverse, brake on, brake off, etc trying to

fool it into thinking it was in "Park". But it was not fooled. :)

I'm going to try the instructions again. Also for the seatbelt dinger.

AlexWV , Jun 17, 2005
  16. SRubenstein

To add a little humor to this, but it really works, put the manual in your bathroom. Your wife will be amazed to see you reading something on the hopper for the articles!! :-laf

SRubenstein , Jun 17, 2005
  17. 10-9jc

Don't have the 6spd - but mabe clutch engaged (in)?

Have found that when you first use the manual you

skip to what you want.

Next you have to sit down and read "cover-to-cover"

and find all the stuff you missed before.

10-9jc , Jun 18, 2005