Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sassy

2. Sassy

Talk to me! Give me your thoughts.

Sassy , Apr 12, 2024
  3. NIsaacs

4. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

I don’t disagree on it seeming high, but the used market is hard to predict these days.

I got more for my 2018 on trade ~19 months ago than both of those trucks cost that you posted. It had just under 52K miles on it and was sold without ever hitting the dealerships website. The 3rd owners paid more than I did when I bought it used at 3 months old with 3K miles on it.

There also wasn’t much for new or used inventory in 2022, but point is that used prices have been doing some weird things the last few years.

AH64ID , Apr 15, 2024
    Topzide likes this.
  5. Signal73

Everybody knows the downfalls of the 3rd gens now too, at 75k some of those issues are going to start rearing their ugly heads. It’s a good place to start asking, but it is what I paid for my 2019 Tradesman brand new so I have a problem with it haha!

Signal73 , Apr 15, 2024
  6. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

The current used market isn't what it was a few months ago.

BigPapa , Apr 15, 2024
  7. Sassy

It's a starting place and from hat I’ve seen different areas of the country are experiencing price fluctuations as with new truck prices. You have to start somewhere. The only thing written in stone are epitaphs. I’m with ya guys and I’m not greedy nor foolish. Thanks for your input.

Sassy , Apr 15, 2024
    BigPapa likes this.
  8. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Isn't 45k about what you paid 20 years ago for that truck?

Ozymandias , Apr 15, 2024
  9. Sassy

Not even close! Laramie we’re top of the line at that time. John hit the nail on the head with price fluctuation. My first Cummins I bought in 93, kept it for thirteen years and sold it for more than half of what I paid for it and it was just as sharp as this one that I’m currently selling. A TDR member bought the 93 and was thrilled to get it at the price I posted. He hauled his race cars/household goods to Az. And made a point to thank me for maintaining such a reliable truck on this same TDR website in late 2004. At close to 70 years old this isn’t my first rodeo with the sale of well maintained trucks. Each truck is different as well as gremlins. Im aware of 97 model year causing people to want to take the bridge from so much frustration with their 97 but I don’t consider all 97 to be this way. Any and all vehicles model years will have some units giving folks a hard time but a broad brush stroke across a model year fits all units sold. I’m a firm believer that if you treat your unit good they’ll be there for you all the time. I hope this helps to better understand what I’m selling.

Sassy , Apr 16, 2024
    Ozymandias likes this.
  10. Timd32 TDR MEMBER

I can't help with value, but a new one is $72k sticker and up for the lowest thing out there, the others posted looked like SRW which I think improve the value here.

I think your spot on for a young race team who needs a great rig or a nice bumper pull travel trailer at a discount from today's prices and high interest rates, be driving to the races this week with this one with a quick review of under the hood and maintenance records or discussion.

Anyone from the TDR would be draining all fluids and starting fresh either way.

It's a really nice looking truck, with all the resources that the TDR offers and all the members with loads of free back issues, these trucks are easily maintained and kept running and driving. None of them are inexpensive to repair from the 90's to today.

Timd32 , Apr 16, 2024
  11. NIsaacs

You asked, :D

We still don't know what you are selling, other than the pictures show a fine truck. I assume the high dollar shell was part of the original price.

You don't list any upgrades, tire condition/age/quality. You don't describe the truck at all. The truck only averages 3700 miles a year. What did the truck do for it's life? 75k miles is low but the truck is 20 years old. Sometimes age is harder on a rig than miles. Parked a lot? Maintenance program?

That truck will sell to the right person looking for a rig like that. But the trucks have evolved by leaps and bounds since '04. So, in general, it is not desirable from the modern trucks of today.

Then the interest rate of used, dang it is nuts.

Some cons from just my thoughts. Another person may think some are pros. I will let you decide the pros.

Age, small cab, small engine/power, 4spd auto, no exhaust brake, parts availability and it has hips:)

NIsaacs , Apr 16, 2024
    bcbender, AH64ID and pdxkid like this.