Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doc Tinker

a NAV-SYS900DVD navigation system from Pioneer Electronics.

Check It Out!

Doc Tinker , Jun 14, 2002
  2. dresslered

Pretty cool Doc, but I'll stick with my current system: "wife with a map!" :rolleyes:

dresslered , Jun 14, 2002
  3. Rob Thomas

I dunno Doc, people can't drive just using the phone... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ..... that thing is a accident waitin' to happen. :eek: :eek:

Other than that it's pretty neat, I guess:rolleyes:

Later, Rob

Rob Thomas , Jun 14, 2002
  4. ToolManTimTaylor

$799. 95 [​IMG]#ad
    The Blaupunkt TravelPilot RNS 150 CD/CD ROM navigation receiver combines a first rate CD player, the world-famous DigiCeiver tuner, and a GPS (Global Positioning System) navigation device. The unit installs in your dash like a standard receiver with only a few extra connections.

Navigation is accomplished through a combination of GPS tracking (a GPS antenna is included and mounts unobtrusively in your car), an internal gyroscope, and a lead that attaches to your vehicle's speed sensor, which keeps track of speed and mileage. (Owners of Fords and pre-1988 vehicles, please call a Product Advisor at 1-888-955-6000 about your installation requirements. )

The navigation maps are stored on NAVTECH CDs — one disc (of your choice) is included with your order. (There are nine discs available, each containing a different region of the United States. ) When using the navigation system, slide the appropriate disc into the CD player and plot your destination. In a few moments, the system will plot your course. All you have to do then is follow the voice instructions and visual directions.

If you happen to miss a turn, the RNS 150 will automatically recalculate your route. You can navigate from town to town, or to specific locations within a town, including points of interest such as restaurants, airports, hotels, or gas stations, or simply to the town center. You can program specific location markers if you find points of interest that you'd like to return to later.

The navigation system also lets you choose your route options before it plots your course, including either the quickest or the shortest route, and whether or not to avoid toll roads, ferries, and major highways. While navigating, you can continue listening to the radio, or to your CD changer, if you have one connected.

OR

You can just add on a GPS unit to this

[​IMG]#ad
    When you're building a mobile multimedia system, you need a central "brain. " The CVA-1006 Mobile MultiMedia Station™ is the perfect choice for expanded systems, with extra connectivity where it counts.

There are two audio/video inputs that let you connect a variety of optional gear — like a DVD player, a portable MP3 or CD player, mobile VCR, or plug and play satellite radio tuner. Changer controls let you command an optional DVD changer or CD/MP3 changer right from the front panel. And you can add a video monitor for your backseat passengers with the audio/video output.

The throaty roar of a race car. The eye-opening impact of an explosion. For truly impressive multimedia sound, upgrade to component amplifiers and subs, and experience all the clarity and realism your DVD movie soundtracks have to offer. The CVA-1006 has 4-volt front, rear, and subwoofer preamp outputs, so installation is less of a hassle.

This receiver's eye-appealing "Digital Art" spectrum analyzer display can read out radio station and CD names that you've entered. System control is intuitive and straightforward, thanks to multipurpose "softkeys" that change functions as you change features.

These days, seems like everyone's talking about XM Satellite Radio. And you can get it by adding the optional CRA-1667RF controller, an antenna, and an Alpine XM tuner.

A wireless remote control is included for system control.

HERE FOR MORE <hr>

Truck Bio:

Y2K+1 3500 4X4 Quad Cab 4:10:1 LSD

Somewhat Powerpacked By Bank's (4 inch exhaust,High ram intake,~Minus~wastgate mod to 38 psi,~Minus~ottomind TLC +guages,K&N) ,Blue Chip Premium FMC DTT~93%TC~&~VB~TC Smart controller, Mag-Hytec's Double Deep Trans pan,DD III injectors+Van Aken+Autometer Guages. ,Piers Modified PDR HX turbo,Enterprise Engine PerformancePusher pump setup Front End Leveling Kit from Jakit with 255/85R16 BFG M/T's Custom Rhino Liner (see Tool Man's truck feature)DeeZee Black Diamond Plate Bed Rails And Tool Box , WAAG Side tubes with kick~outs Mopar Performance accessories-Sill plates-hitch cover-cargo aux lamp'n'Power, Hadley air systems 150 psi comp and air storage. DynaMat Sound deadening applied to entire cab and doors, Check out Tool's Stuff~>Here!<~

N. E. T. D. P

Three worded story ... ..... "over 1350 response posts - a new record!"

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    ToolManTimTaylor , Jun 14, 2002
  5. nickleinonen

that alpine one looks the best of the bunch, but the pioneer looks to be a wide screen... mmm, widescreen. the only way to go. . [now, if i had the $$$ i would replace my 4:3 tv with a 16:9 tv... like the pontiac commecrial says, wider is better lol:D :p ]

nickleinonen , Jun 15, 2002