Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deeselfitter

So, I replaced a broken brake line from front of master cyl to ABS unit , and now I can’t get the light on the dash to go out. Bled everything…… is there a certain sequence to bleed that ABS pump? What am I missing?

deeselfitter , Jun 30, 2021
  2. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Yes you need a DRBIII or Autoenginuity to bleed the ABS unit.
    Dealers can do that.

Ozymandias , Jun 30, 2021
  3. AdamRRT

Interesting. Mine has been doing the same since getting it back from my trans builder, where it blew one of the same brake lines. He said scan tool said driver front ABS.

Think it just needs ABS bled?

AdamRRT , Jun 30, 2021
  4. deeselfitter

Thanks for that Oz.

deeselfitter , Jul 1, 2021
  5. deeselfitter

After I replaced the line , I bled the crap out of the ABS and my lights are still on. I don’t know if my Smarty Jr will make any difference. I want to take it to the local dealer like I want a kick in the crotch!!!

deeselfitter , Jul 1, 2021
  6. seafish

a seat of the pants alternative to using DRB or Autoenginuity to bleed the ABS pump/module is to safely engage in sevral multiple "panic stops" while driving (obvosuly WITHOUT your wife in truck lol) in order to activate the ABS pump and then bleed the brakes again.

seafish , Jul 1, 2021
    AdamRRT likes this.
  7. AdamRRT

I am down with that!

AdamRRT , Jul 1, 2021
  8. User113 TDR MEMBER

Icy parking lots in the winter time are great for this.

User113 , Jul 1, 2021