Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 67guzzler

I ran some searches here in the forum but I couldn't find anything that was exactly like what I'm looking for.

I'd like to mount this:

[​IMG]#ad

Here:

[​IMG]#ad

Has anyone done it? At first glance it would appear to require a fair amount of modification / fabrication. If anyone has done it, has some pics, suggestions or has seen it in another thread, I'd be grateful!

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 9, 2005
    67guzzler , Aug 9, 2005
  2. Spooled-up

Is that a Dodge CD changer? Does the face of it fill the hole in the trim around the pocket? If so, it's really easy to get the trim off. Just remove the one phillips head screw over the hook on the passenger side, them pull it off. It has tabs that fit into holes around various parts of the dash. You may have already known this, but once it's off, it looks like a simple job to unbolt the pocket and install the unit in it's place. If it's not the same size as the hole, you'll need to make a plate to fit around the edges of the unit to fill the gap and to mount it. Where did the changer come from? Looks like a stock Dodge part.

Spooled-up , Aug 9, 2005
  3. AlexWV

Yeah. It looks like it is the same shape as the dash opening for the pocket. And the pocket should come right out, I don't have a pocket there but an another set of switches. That could turn into a slick installation.

If you have Sirius, you'll need the mopar multiplexor so you can run both the sirius and the cd changer into your head unit.

AlexWV , Aug 9, 2005
  4. 67guzzler

Thanks for the replies guys.

Spooled -- I don't have the changer yet but they're under $200 on eBay and wanted one because I can't play CD's while the NAV disk is in and I really want it in the dash for ease of use.

Alex -- I don't know if the size is the same & was hoping someone may have tried this already & did the hard part. I'm with ya on the multiplexor requirement -- I posted that chart in the RB1 install thread I started a few days ago that showed the diagram. I don't have Sirius at this point -- not sure if I'm going to add it -- Howard Stern or not! :-laf

67guzzler , Aug 9, 2005