1. gtwitch

I received a post card from FCA on the 67A, what is the present feeling or information about havent the real done?? I have 47 K miles on my 2016 2500 Ram with no problems to speak of at this time and was wondering if I should take it in and have the recall done and if it really affects the fuel economy and or the DEF usage. I am getting about 650 miles to the gallon of DEF and about half on the driving is towing my 33 ft covered snowmobile with 5 sleds in it (13000 lbs) on 2- 100 mile trips almost every weekend all winter each weekend to the Snowy Range west of Laramie and return, otherwise some shorter trips in the summertime driving mostly on road and very little local around town driving. Any actual information or opinions welcomed here, Thanks.
    gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch , Apr 27, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  2. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Until they pay me to take mine in it’s a no bueno.

Cummins12V98 , Apr 28, 2024
    06 Dodge and Diesel85 like this.
  3. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Your DEF consumption will increase, but if they modeled it after the "fix" that the 2020+ trucks came from the factory with I would absolutely go and get it.

The newer trucks use more DEF, but also a lot less EGR. That's a excellent tradeoff, and much healthier for the engine.

If I still had my 2018 I would get this recall done without hesitation, just in hopes of decreased EGR use.

AH64ID , Apr 28, 2024
    Cummins2014, JLandry, p-Bar and 2 others like this.
  4. p-Bar

Wish we could get some inside info on this update....

p-Bar , May 2, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  5. gtwitch

Maybe SAG has some information that he can share with us
    Thanks gtwitch in wyoming

gtwitch , May 3, 2024
    Cummins12V98 and Diesel85 like this.
  6. p-Bar

Was thinking the same thing. I'll message him

p-Bar , May 3, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  7. NIsaacs

8. p-Bar

About the only thing I got out the thread is that timing is changed at cold idle to reduce nox . I want to hear it from the engineers that remapped things.

p-Bar , May 3, 2024
    06 Dodge, Diesel85 and Topzide like this.
  9. Diesel85 TDR MEMBER

I'm in the same boat with my EcoD. I (and tons of others) want to know what the heck got changed with the new HPFP.

On another forum, there is a guy who has equipment to literally read every single memory sector of an ECU and report out on differences on settings.

It is out in the wild now, not sure why no one has taken the time to do a nice write up on it.

If I had the time and equipment, I'd do it myself.

Diesel85 , May 4, 2024
    p-Bar likes this.
  10. Ram4Sam TDR MEMBER

It probably won't matter what we think of it, the truck most likely won't pass the bi-annual smog check with out it..
    Lucky me, I had mine smogged a week before the notice arrived in the mail, so I can blow it off for almost two years.....

Sam

Ram4Sam , May 6, 2024
    06 Dodge and Diesel85 like this.
  11. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

I guess I have to ask why… the potential for reduced EGR is a huge improvement for engine longevity.

AH64ID , May 6, 2024
    Wiredawg and Diesel85 like this.
  12. p-Bar

But we aren't certain what the mod does......

p-Bar , May 7, 2024
  13. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

We know that it reduces NOx even further. We know the 21+ trucks came from the factory with the “fix”. The 21+ trucks use less EGR, so it’s a certainly gamble but worth it. This is not a recall to be leery of, my 0.02.

AH64ID , May 7, 2024
  14. Ram4Sam TDR MEMBER

I'm opened minded to this if Sag or someone could post info that is more concrete, less "potential"........ my truck has been trouble free since 2016 (emission wise) I don't even know when it does it's regens so I see no reason to mess with it for now. I know it will be have to be done by late 2025, just waiting for any more info/feedback with less hope and more facts.....

Sam

Ram4Sam , May 7, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  15. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

It would be great to get some additional info, but I doubt there is going to be anything other than anecdotal info which so far has been as expected.

Since you brought up regens, this recall has nothing to do with regens. Just the SCR and NOx production.

AH64ID , May 7, 2024
    matthewmorrow, Diesel85 and Wiredawg like this.
  16. p-Bar

I messaged Sag and he has been out of the loop for awhile now and has no connections. He said Stellantis is very tight lipped everything.

p-Bar , May 7, 2024
    Diesel85, Wiredawg and AH64ID like this.
  17. Tuesdak

I would suggest if it's using more DEF and less EGR there will be less "smoke" that the DPF has to clean up. (I have seen that more EGR means more visible smoke under load on some diesels that don't have a DPF.) Possible fewer regens. Unless it's only running them on the 24 hour timer to start with.

Tuesdak , May 7, 2024
    Diesel85 and Wiredawg like this.
  18. Diesel85 TDR MEMBER

I believe it with how tight lipped Stellantis is.

I guess I can't say loose lips sinks ships with Stellantis.... :rolleyes:

Diesel85 , May 8, 2024
    Units and p-Bar like this.
  19. Joe56

What about the the additional 4 years 48k mileage warranty on emissions and def equipment!! BUT I have read after the flash people have parts failing!! So yeah they replace the parts but are they going to fail again in four or five years! I keep my truck.

Joe56 , Jun 12, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.
  20. p-Bar

I contacted CARB via email. What do you think their reply was? Absolutely nothing, rude government workers. "We are from the government we are here to help" YEAH RIGHT

p-Bar , Jun 12, 2024
    Diesel85 likes this.