1. SAndreasen

Can an auto transmission ecm be used an a manual truck

SAndreasen , Jan 1, 2024
  2. GAmes TDR MEMBER

Yes.

GAmes , Jan 2, 2024
  3. SAndreasen

Thanks . I have one that’s lost wait to start and also lost the electronic throttle when you let the clutch out it’s like driving a ford it so die if you don’t give it throttle

SAndreasen , Jan 2, 2024
  4. GAmes TDR MEMBER

It's the PCM that is different in auto and manual transmission trucks. ECMs should be the same, I'm assuming. I saw '98 and my mind went to 12 valve trucks. Your results might differ.

GAmes , Jan 2, 2024
    BigPapa likes this.
  5. BigPapa TDR MEMBER

Gary is correct.

BigPapa , Jan 2, 2024
  6. SAndreasen

Thanks . So is the mileage stored in the ecm or pcm or speedometer?

SAndreasen , Jan 2, 2024
  7. GAmes TDR MEMBER

Isn't that information in your factory service manual?

GAmes , Jan 3, 2024
  8. SAndreasen

you must be referring to the one on cd that won’t work anymore

SAndreasen , Jan 3, 2024
  9. Topzide TDR MEMBER

@SAndreasen, Why did it stop working? Was IE based? I've had to dive into getting my thumb dive manual to work. Just have to change some settings in Microsoft edge and making it the default browser. Let us know and we might have an answer of how to get it to work.

Topzide , Jan 3, 2024
  10. SAndreasen

Be w an
    Im honestly not sure ? It just won’t open I'm not even sure where it is anymore I gave up on it between not opening and then pitb to try to actually find anything on it and then print anything off with trying to print the entire 7000 pages I figured I guess I got my moneys worth out of it . I thought i was being smart by getting the cd because I bought the paper copy for my 92 and the second time I opened it I had a loose leaf binder of about 9000 pages it got sent to the garage can

SAndreasen , Jan 4, 2024
    Topzide likes this.