Tags:
  1. farrier

OK New rebuilt ECM, Rewired FASS pump to old LP wiring so ECM doesn`t think there`s an open circut. Still getting codes for CPS which we know is not bad (also put a new pigtail on CPS to eliminate that wiring issue if there was one). Scratching our heads now as once the FASS was wired into the ECM through the relay it won`t turn on now. He hotwired the FASS and it turned on but cranked and cranked and wouldn`t turn over.We are suspecting a bad wire somewhere and my tech is now going to check the pins on the ECM connections. The truck has been run intermitently between all this fiasco but RPM needle drops off and sometimes stays down or comes back. There is a hiccup while it`s running then RPM drops off, seems to be connected. Any ideas throw them my way please! At one point I hit a water puddle in the right lane at about 35 (it snuck up on me) and truck died. Got it restarted then died at the light right away. Got it started again and pulled into fuel up and truck started and kept running. After pigtail was replaced I got the truck on the wash rack at work and sprayed some engine cleaner on areas with oil build up waited 15 minutes and hosed it off trying to be careful what I sprayed and I tried to start the truck and didn`t happen. So water seems to be a culprit somewhere under there as well.

farrier , Feb 5, 2023
  2. SAndreasen

The only thing I can say to do is clean and dry every connection under the hood use electrical contact cleaner blow them dry or let them dry overnight check for bad seals in the plugs . This could turn into open up every inch of harness and check for broken or pinched wire or wires in the engine harness. Spent a week of 8 hour days checking and verifying every single wire in a brand new new Holland skid loader just to appease new Holland that in fact the 4500.00$ brain in a brand new machine was bad good times

SAndreasen , Feb 7, 2023
    farrier likes this.