Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swampinboy

Has anyone had the Dunlop RV all terrain tire? If so, how are they for traction and wear? I am looking for a somewhat aggressive all terrain, or a mild mud tire, any suggestions? In comparison, I will take opinions in which size 285-75 or 305-70. These will be on stock alloy wheels, stock height 2500 4X4. :D

swampinboy , Sep 11, 2003
  2. Cooker

I know it is not the size you are interested in, but I run Rover RV's in the 235/85 size in the winter. I logged about 8k on them before I took them off with some limited light towing. They are good in the snow and rain and overall I think they are a very good tire. I do, however, think they are not going to last 50-6k miles some some claim they are getting out of a tire. At 8k miles they are showing a little wear. At this point I am guessing they will make it around 35k (this is just a guess so take that FWIW). That is about 4 winters for me so with that I will be content. They were an affordably priced tire $360 somthing out the door for 4 so I don't think ~$10/1000 miles is all that bad.

This is the second set I have owned, but the first set on my Dodge. I would not hesitate to purchase these tires again.

I hope this helps.

Cooker , Sep 11, 2003
  3. sootgrinder

I have 285/75/R16 Mastercraft Courser CT on my stock 2500. They are aggressive All-terrain tires,and look/perform great. They do have a little howl on the highway. I have about 10,000 miles on them and expect to get about 40,000 miles out of them. You can find them on the web(made by Cooper), or look at mine on Readers Rigs (sootgrinder). There are some Mastercraft Courser AT's also that are less aggressive and should get better mileage and less noise.

sootgrinder , Sep 12, 2003
  4. mstimac

I just finished replacing a set of Dunlop RV's 285-75 on my truck. They ride was fairly good and tread wear was within expectations. I managed to get 51,000 miles out of them. I now have a set of Michelin LTX's, they also ride nice and the noise level is slightly lower.

mstimac , Sep 12, 2003
  5. Matt42 TDR MEMBER

Dunlops Not For Me

My experience with Dunlop tires was bad, but may not apply because the tires were different.

I have had two sets of Dunlop tires since 1974. One set of five was OEM, and the second set of four came new on a used car. I got ply separations on all nine of them in normal use, in places where replacements cost a fortune. These were reinforced passenger car sizes, and not real truck tires. Still, it soured me on Dunlop forever.

Matt42 , Sep 13, 2003
  6. tschwab

I used to run Dunlops on my dirt bike, great tires for that, but my money goes to Michelin for my truck, kind of a personal preference but I think they build the best HD truck tires and have never had a problem with them.

tschwab , Sep 15, 2003
  7. tpruitt

I have run Donlop Rover RV on my truck the past year. They did really well. No vibration and they were quiet. They were 315/75R16. I just took them off because i got 37 inch super swamper's SSR's. So far the Swamper's have a good ride an humm very little. As for the dunlops they have about half the tread left and are sitting in the back of my truck with a for sale sign on them. I would have gotten the Dunlop again but they did not make a size in a 37 inch.

Later,

Trey

tpruitt , Sep 16, 2003