Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double 6

I'm mounting my 3 gauges in A-pillar, one question I have is do you all use the gauge holddowns on back of gauge ? Or do you just friction fit gauges in holes on A-pillar? They seem to fit in snugly without holdowns, but thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Double 6 , Jan 31, 2002
  2. Idaho Native TDR MEMBER

I installed a dual gage pillar mount this last fall. I found that there wasn't enough room to install the entire "U" clamp that come with the autometer gages. I ended up cutting it in half and just installing it on the side with the most clearance. The holes in the mount itself were just a touch on the snug side... have had absolutely no problems.

Loren

Idaho Native , Jan 31, 2002
  3. chuck3

No holddowns.

Had mine in for allmost a year now, in and out several times, they fit real tight just in the hole itself, no problems. :)

chuck3 , Jan 31, 2002
  4. azcummins

Who needs screws?

yup... just cram 'em in there... no problem with them falling out or vibrating. I even had to file my pod down a bit to get them to fit.

azcummins , Jan 31, 2002
  5. fj40charles

What AZCUMMINS says. Take the actual gauge and sand the hole to provide a tight fit. I used regular sandpaper (120 grit) to slowly enlarge the hole for each gauge.

Charles

fj40charles , Feb 1, 2002
  6. dalton4

Friction/snug fit ... just pushed them in and all has been ok.

Guess I was lucky. My gauges snugged in without any required sanding.

Jerry

dalton4 , Feb 1, 2002
  7. Okie-Go

Had to ream mine out just a tad also. I would think a fella would want them snug but not real tight.

Okie-Go , Feb 1, 2002
  8. dodger22

Looks like I'm the only one so far where the gauge hole was a tad too big. To hold the gauge in position I first inserted the gauge then put a hose clamp on the gauge inside the pillar. Works great!

dodger22 , Feb 1, 2002
  9. Turbo Thom

Y'all got it going so's i ain't got nuttin to add.

. . Preston. .

Turbo Thom , Feb 3, 2002