Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KMC

Anyone running these? Opinions? Ok on snow and ice?

Thanks, Ken

2. nmanalo

Ken, I ran these tires on my 4wd dually, they work great especially on snow and ice. Great traction, minimal noise and studable too!! I live in Tahoe and they work great. The dually hooks up great in snow with these tires even when it isn't loaded. The posi helps too. The only downfall in my opinion is wear. If you do any highway or city driving on dry pavement for an extended period of time, then get another set of rims and tires for those conditions. These tires are agressive and will wear quickly on pavement. I went to a more all terrain type tire because I travel to the central coast of CA alot and didn't want to waste the RT's. It's classified as a commercial traction tire.

nmanalo , Feb 3, 2002
  3. eGarwood

I run the Dunlop Radials... only I prefer the RV's. They provide good grip in rain/snow/mud and have a fairly quiet ride sound. I got about 50,000 out of my last pair with regular rotation by my local Dunlop Super 7 Dealer. On my '95 I run the 33x12. 50x16. 5's... ... I like 'em so much I bought a set for the fiance's '97. She's still got the 16" stock wheels so she runs the

LT285-75-R16's... Ed3

eGarwood , Feb 3, 2002