Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR2

Any one running Dunlop Mud Rovers in 265-75-16? They are load range D and rated at 3000#@65 psi. I don't tow much more than a small boat or couple of ATV's.

What are your experiences...

I can get a set of 4 used for $350 and thought they would be a decent set of tires for the short term.

Thanks,

John

JR2 , Jan 8, 2006
  2. Diesel Power

if its not E rated dont mess with it they will blow out or wear out quicker than you could blink! especially if you have any weight in or behind it :D

Diesel Power , Jan 8, 2006
  3. Swamp Donkey

I personaly would not pay too much for them. When my 98 was brand new I got a set put on. With propper tire inflations and rotations every 10,000 km's I only got 30,000 km's out of them. NEVER again. That is about 20,000 miles. So unless you feel there is alot of tread there for the $350 bucks I would pass. Good in the mud though! LOL

Swamp Donkey , Jan 8, 2006
  4. JR2

I have read a few reviews on line that concured with your opnions. Soft sidewall and poor wear.

Think I will pass.

As far as the D vs E rated deal, some D rated tires have more weight capacity that E tires. I think its important to look at the ratings besides the letter. I have several buddies that run D rated BFG AT KO's in D and have no problems.

JR2 , Jan 8, 2006
  5. PRout

Hmmmm. . I've actually had excellent luck with these tires. (285/75r16)

This is my 2nd set on this truck after having the last set last over 50k miles. That was significantly better than the BFG mudders that have been on past trucks (which lasted around 30k). I dont baby these mud rovers, and do tow with them. They have seen their share of off-road use in the desert, the sierras, and sand. Have never had a flat or any problem. I bought them after having them recommended by an off roader that used to desert race with Rod Hall. He told me they were a better value than the BFG's I had been using. I know they bite excellent on soft loam, or hard pack dirt, and are a little quieter than some others on the street as well. They also dont hold on to rocks and fling em against your paint. They track well over rain grooves. I would just be careful towing in very hot weather though, as any mud tire is going to be a little softer than towing tires. I just take it easy towing in the heat and make sure they are inflated to 65 and they have been fine.

There may be better tires out there, but until I have a problem Ill be buying more.

PRout , Jan 9, 2006
  6. PRout

I think the rating was 3300 lbs per tire for 285's, and if someone only got 20k miles out of them, something is definitely wrong. This current set has about 15k miles already with an 8k lb truck, and they are maybe 1/4 to 1/3 worn max.

PRout , Jan 9, 2006