Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mehaffydr

Has anyone installed a dump bed conversion on there truck I am talking about the one that uses the stock bed.

mehaffydr , Feb 9, 2004
  2. Dean Upson

I think Rosco had one on his '03. Send him a pm

Dean

Dean Upson , Feb 9, 2004
  3. JWChessell

Mehaffydr:

Many years ago I installed a twin-hydraulic-cylinder dump unit in my '58 International 3/4-ton LB 4X4 and used the original bed. I had great success with it. On one occassion I weighed it with a full load of dirt, and the load was 7,000 lbs. The dump unit dropped it with no problem. I did all the work myself, from picking up the unit in a junk yard, taking off the bed with an engine lifter, and doing all the installing, welding and hydraulic-line coupling. I know this probably isn't what you're looking for, but if I can be of any assistance, please send me a reply.

JWChessell , Feb 9, 2004
  4. BarryG TDR MEMBER

You might try to get a hold of member "Rob Thomas". He has one and sounds like he loves it. I talked with him some about one a while back. He gave me the info on where he got his and what he did different during the install to make it better. If I recall he even makes a complete kit (or takes the kit and adds his better stuff to it). It wasn't as expensive as I would have thought.

BarryG , Feb 10, 2004
  5. Fireman Dave

Yeah, Rob has a slick setup - complete with stacks.

Fireman Dave , Feb 10, 2004
  6. HEMI®Dart

HEMI®Dart , Mar 2, 2004