Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bwfairchild

Have a 2004.5 TD with 100,000 miles. Have not changed any of the hoses. Pulling a 34 ft travel trailer and would hate to have a hose break. Any thoughts on hoses that should be looked at?

bwfairchild , Nov 25, 2015
  2. 6speed TDR MEMBER

I change all of mine every 100K miles. Yours with that mileage and it being 11 years I change them without hesitation. Get them at Geno's. This included the heater hoses. And while your in it put a thermostat in too

6speed , Nov 25, 2015
  3. 6speed TDR MEMBER

Along with the anti freeze

6speed , Nov 25, 2015
  4. AnOldBiker

Unless your getting a new cummins thermostat (at about $46) if your old one is working good, just run down to the NAPA or AutoZone and get the gasket. They are cheap. I use to have the habit of changing the fluid and thermostat together, but the after markets suck and I never throw the cummins thermo unless I have to. There is a day and night difference between stock and after market.

AnOldBiker , Nov 26, 2015
  5. BDaugherty

While I agree it's good policy to replace hoses at specified intervals, the oem are good quality and many have run them to 300k or better so don't feel like you need to rush into anything. My main suggestion is to stick with a constant torque style clamp. Most of the leaks I have seen have been from replacement hoses with standard worm clamps. I'm not suggesting this size, brand, or supplier, just providing a link to show the type of clamp I prefer. http://www.amazon.com/Breeze-Constant-Torque-Stainless-Worm-Drive-Diameter/dp/B009SD07IK

BDaugherty , Nov 26, 2015