Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rrowdy

Hey guys,
    I was installing A piller gauges and must have opened the driver door 50 times and in the process tore the door seal.
    Could someone please confirm the part numbers before I order these seals?
    The superseded TSB is TSB-23-049-05 and part numbers 55277191AB and 55277190AB Left and Right?
    I did do a forum search but didn't see the part numbers. The engineers responsible for this thoughtless design should be neutered.

image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

rrowdy , Sep 14, 2015
  2. Bill Stockard

I had the same thing happen on my new '03 within the first month of ownership. My local dealer installed a replacement seal according to a TSB at the time under the warranty. It's not been a problem since. I don't know the part number. It may be in my records somewhere, but I imagine the part number has changed several times.

Bill

Bill Stockard , Sep 14, 2015
  3. seafish

The dealer should have the latest and greatest part#'s…that being said, mine were also replaced under TSB.

seafish , Sep 14, 2015
  4. p-Bar

I'm amazed you went this long before tearing .

p-Bar , Sep 14, 2015
  5. rrowdy

Thank's guys,
    I have to go to the dealer to get my trucks fertilizer bomb fixed anyway and while there I'll go to the parts dept and see if they can figure out what the parts are. Oh the Horror........

rrowdy , Sep 14, 2015
  6. Bob4x4

Qty. Part No. Description
    1 **55277188AB** Secondary Door Seal - Standard Cab -Right
    1 **55277189AB** Secondary Door Seal - Standard Cab - Left
    1 **55277190AB** Secondary Door Seal - Quad Cab - Right
    1 **55277191AB** Secondary Door Seal - Quad Cab - Left

Bob4x4 , Sep 14, 2015
  7. Crunch

Funny you should post that today. I noticed mine had torn a few months ago and called the local dealer. The quoted price was $94 per side. Today I was on the road and as I passed an out of state dealership I remembered the tear and called the number on their sign. $73.70 per side, and the recommendation is to replace both. Those are some expensive pieces of foam rubber. I think I'll check some online sources before I hit the dealer for a replacement. 13 years before they tore, so I guess I shouldn't be too upset about it.

Crunch , Sep 14, 2015
  8. Crunch

Disregard this accidental double posting.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
    Crunch , Sep 14, 2015
  9. rrowdy

Thank's Bob, I was looking for confirmation that those were the correct numbers and have not been superceeded. I figured the dealer would be the highest, so now I'll look elsewhere first.
    I've even seen that part number on amazon and my dealer will be the last resort. I don't want any Re-pop cheap chinese knockoffs so may likely wind up at the dealer.

Just purchased this truck in July and the seals were perfect until I damaged them by opening and closing the door.
    I can't see any way they were the originals and people seem pretty happy with the "new and improved" part numbers.

Thank's again for the help.

rrowdy , Sep 15, 2015
  10. Bob4x4

The numbers may have superceded by now those were just the numbers I had.

Bob4x4 , Sep 15, 2015
  11. rrowdy

Those numbers happened to be correct. I wound up buying them on amazon. They were advertised as being Original Chrysler OEM
    and were in fact OEM from a dealer.
    The Right side was delivered today and was $41.94, the Left side was $70.55 I guess they can charge more as the left side tears up sooner. They are different from the ones on my truck in that they are tapered down toward the fender and now there's no interference with the sheetmetal and only takes about ten minutes for the install.
    image.jpg #ad

image.jpg #ad

rrowdy , Sep 17, 2015
  12. Crunch

What was the name of the vendor that actually provided them? The prices you quoted are lower than anything I have found. I will probably use Amazon, as well but would prefer to skip the middle man and get them straight from the vendor if possible but will go through Amazon if I have to.

Crunch , Oct 16, 2015
  13. rrowdy

As stated, I bought them on Amazon. I could only find one bag for the The 5277190AB The other I threw away but the 5277190AB came from Freedom Dodge Chrysler/Jeep 815 E. Camp Wisdom Rd. Duncanville Tx. 75116-2827

The 5277191AB I know came from somewhere in FL. For me it was easier to just purchase them from Amazon and let them do the legwork and also there's no problem with returns if you're not satisfied. I checked with a couple of dealers on the web and Amazon turned out to be cheaper. The new improved ones are awesome.

Good Luck!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
    rrowdy , Oct 16, 2015
  14. TGVET TDR MEMBER

Ditto here too. Something about the door itself having a deeper angle digging into the seal. The gap is more on the passenger side and never did dig into the seal.

TGVET , Oct 24, 2015
  15. LFJ

How long does a TSB Last?? Does anyone know?

16. Bill Stockard

I've noticed more wind noise around the driver's door lately. It's been over 12 years since my door seals were replaced under a TSB. Would replacement seals reduce the wind noise? How difficult is the job?

Bill

Bill Stockard , Oct 27, 2015
  17. Bob4x4

The tsb. strips take less than 5 minuts to replace.An easy way to check for leaks is to turn the ac blower on high and run a stethoscope along the door (outside).We use ultrsonic equipt.but not to many will have that at home.

Bob4x4 , Oct 27, 2015
  18. Ozymandias TDR MEMBER

Hi Bill
    First try two things before throwing money on it.
    Adjust the the latch where the door closes to (2 Torx Screws), if your door is closed and you can push it inward by an 1/8 of an inch it needs adjusting. There should be zero play with closed doors.
    Next step if you still have air noise is bending the upper part of the door, window frame, slightly inward, just a little bit. Over the years the thousand's of door smashings bend the window frame outwards slowly.

On mine I had to do both of this jobs and now I have zero! air noise, even with strongest winds from front and side on interstates.

Ozy

Ozymandias , Oct 28, 2015