1. jelag

OK so we've been on the road for the past 10 weeks and have just cleaned out the refrigerator, and we wondered where the drain inside the fridge went... so we pulled the door off the outside and found that the drain line is some cheep plastic and crumbles in your hand fro m the heat damage. . it's actually nylon tied to the heat coils... so the water out the drain is actually dripping on the compartment around the fridge...

I'm wanting to pull the gas line, gas heater, and chimney and push it to one side. . I just need 2-3" to reach up and un clip the old drain and attach a new drain line and route it back outside the coach. .

Has anyone worked on one of these and know if what I want to do will work... it looks like 4 or so screws to loosen the chimney at the base and the gas line and the whole works will move to the side enough for access... .

I'd love to hear your thoughts... .

jelag , Jun 4, 2012
  2. dresslered

We must have a different setup because I just extended my drain to stick out the side door by about 1".

The main problem I had was with the dometic circuit board. I replaced it with a dinasour circuit board and it has been great ever since.

dresslered , Jun 5, 2012
  3. TLane

I replaced the cheap crumbling line on mine with some clear (vinyl?) tubing from a big box hardware store. I've seen several of these drain tubes that hang out the vent, and I didn't like that so I drilled a hole thru the wood under the fridge, then thru the trailer floor and to the outside underneath the trailer. I found a thin piece of plywood had been installed by the RV mfg at the top of the opening, one screw removed that and I was able to reach up to where the tubing slips over the nipple on the plastic tray. I removed the old tube and installed the new one. I used a few wire ties and silicone seal to finish up. I didn't have to remove any sheet metal, the gas line, chimney, etc. Don't forget that the steel refrigerant line goes up the center of the chimney.

TLane , Jun 5, 2012
  4. B.G. Smith

I just looked at mine. What TLane said makes sense, doubt you are going to gain much clearance by removing the chimmney. You might be able to use one of those long reach things that have the two fingers on the end to slip a new hose up in there. I can't even see where mine hooks up. On mine when it was new the hose just lay inside the door on the plywood and water was puddling on the wood. I coated the plywood from the edge of the refrig metal out to the exterior with silicon caulking and made a small dam so water would always flow to the outside. In a worst case scenario you might consider something like that till you get back from trip. bg

B.G. Smith , Jun 5, 2012
  5. MLee TDR MEMBER

Know what your talkin about. I anchored mine to the top of the door opening with one of those wire stand off's to keep it out of the way and in one spot. And drips on the top of the door vent opening. When it totaly goes then i'll do the clear tube thing.

MLee , Jun 12, 2012