1. BGlidewell

Ice cubes present in freezer tell me the unit has been consistantly freezing while in storage. There is nothing obviously wrong with the unit except the refrigerator is at ambient temperature. The heat pack is hot on AC. Any ideas?

BGlidewell , Sep 3, 2006
  2. Desperado

I have about the same problem, my frig. will have a low of 33* and a high of 52*, not good for keeping anything cold, going to take it to the dealer and see how good the warranty is.

Desperado , Sep 3, 2006
  3. P Pacatang

Is your Dometic a side by side, freezer on left refrig on right.

P Pacatang , Sep 3, 2006
  4. BGlidewell

Freezer is on top.

BGlidewell , Sep 3, 2006
  5. P Pacatang

When looking inside the frig, all the way back there should be some aluminium fins. Right side there should plastic piece with a wire that you can slide up or down. Try and slide it towards the top about halfway. Thats the thermostat control. I hope this helps :)

P Pacatang , Sep 3, 2006
  6. AWallace

Refrigerator not cool

Does it work ok on gas? Mine wood not cool good on gas 2yrs ago even though the tubes were hot and I took the cover off were the flame is and cleaned it out with a low pressure air hose. No more problems so far. The AC side work well. If the temp is hot 85 or above out side it is a good idea to put a fan in the vent on top of the camper to pull air through the coils. Amazing how much good it will do. You can order one from camping world or get one from a local camper supply. Remember the cooling for the frig. comes from the fins under the freezer don't croud them leave room for air to move. You can get a fan that goes on the inside the runs off a D-Cell battery. I have used them in the past if the Temp outside was hot.

AWallace , Sep 3, 2006
  7. alexanderJ TDR MEMBER

Probably has nothing to do with your problem, but always check the exhast stack going to the roof of your trailer. Make sure there are no obstructions i. e . wasp nests. This can and frequently does cause blockage and will impair operation of fridge.

alexanderJ , Sep 4, 2006
  8. Hoefler

If it has set awhile and has not been used, take it out and set it upside down and let it set for a day or two. What happens is the coolant will separate if left setting for a long time without being in a cooling mode.

Hoefler , Sep 4, 2006
  9. Desperado

I have done this in the past, it is a temp. fix at best.

Desperado , Sep 4, 2006
  10. Bob Cochran

Door seal could be one problem but would think it would at least cool some. Other would be a leaking cooling unit but then I would think that would not allow the freezer from working either. Fan behind the unit pulling cool air from bottom through the top does help and as moving the thermistor inside as said above. Make sure the wires are not broken on the thermistor. As for rocking the refrigerator or turning it upside down this can help if the refrigerator has been out of level for a long period of time. Your rig is level right?

Bob Cochran , Sep 5, 2006
  11. BGlidewell

Thanks for all the replys. This same problem happened before and the repair was a 10$ part. But I cant remember what the part was :(

What is confusing is the freezer is ice cold and the fridge is no cooler than ambient temp... .

The trailer is level side-to-side and a bit high to the front, not much.

BGlidewell , Sep 5, 2006
  12. Bill Stockard

This web site has a list of problems and fixes for absorption type fridges like yours.

http://www.rvmobile.com/

They also have a forum where you can read about problems and how to solve them or ask about your problem and have it answered.

Bill

Bill Stockard , Sep 7, 2006
  13. Hitec.Redneck

I had the same problem with my fridge. I found the sensor that mounts on the fins was not making good contact. After reconnecting it the fridge now gets much colder.

Hitec.Redneck , Sep 7, 2006