Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DZink24

Yesterday I saw a truck that caught my eye- A 03-05 standard cab LWB 2500 4x4 with what I have never seen on a 3 gen. A center stripe 2 tone paint job. It was flame red, top and bottom, and white in the middle. Was this a weekend paint project, or did they come that way from the factory?Not that any of us care, but it was a Hemi ;)

DZink24 , Oct 19, 2006
  2. Nate

I don't think so. Even the 2nd gens like that aren't that common.

Nate , Oct 19, 2006
  3. DZink24

I know, and that is unfortunate, my '84 D100 was dark blue on the top and bottom, and middle stripe of light blue. One of the nicest looking color combos I have ever seen. Would look incredible on a 3 G.

DZink24 , Oct 19, 2006
  4. Trizae

centerbands paint procedures havent been offered since either 98 or 99,,, never offered in a third gen truck,,,, it would look good although,,, the only paint procedures offered are monotone and two-two low break

Trizae , Oct 19, 2006
  5. TowPro

I think dodge called that paint style "waterfall"

TowPro , Oct 20, 2006
  6. DZink24

Actually, waterfall is the 3500 option, where the hood,roof, and a few inches of the bedrails are one color, and the rest is another. 94-98

DZink24 , Oct 20, 2006
  7. Todd G

I had that color scheme on my '95. I think Dodge called it a three tone.

Todd G , Oct 20, 2006
  8. JRMora

Had it on my '97. There are some oddities around, though.

I once saw a 3rd gen V-10 (talk about rare) 2500 QC LB that was Atlantic blue with the Driftwood center band. It didn't look bad IMHO.

Juan

JRMora , Oct 21, 2006
  9. FLynes

I was actually planning to get the Driftwood center band done on our 3rd gen. I really liked it on our 97. Does DC still sell the, for lack of a better word, pinstripe to separate the upper color break?

FLynes , Oct 22, 2006
  10. Vaughn MacKenzie TDR MEMBER

If I ever repaint my '98, I am thinking about Graphite with silver centerband. Never have seen it, that would look good.

Dodge quit using Driftwood and switched to silver beginning with the 01. 5 trucks.

Vaughn MacKenzie , Oct 23, 2006