Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimB1

New truck this year or next at latest. Was wondering if anyone knows when the dealers will cut-off from '06 build orders? Thanks, Jim.

JimB1 , Aug 27, 2006
  2. amsoilman Staff Alumni

The 06' model is not being built now, only the 07's

Wayne

amsoilman

amsoilman , Aug 27, 2006
  3. mwhals

No 06' models being built now. If you order an 07' model or get one off the lot, then it will have the same engine and the only difference will be the outside badges, headlights and taillights. Maybe some minor changes in the interior. If you wait too long, you will end up with an 07' that has all of the emissions "stuff. "

mwhals , Aug 27, 2006
  4. JimB1

Thanks everyone for the info. mwhals, that's the answer to the question I should have asked. When's the cut-off mfg date for current 3rd gen engine option? I now seem to recall someone saying the half year mark for the changeover. Anyone have a guess as to about when the dealers would last take build orders for the current HO engine option? Don't really need the new rig until about this time next year so delaying until near end of window is what I'm trying to figure. Thanks for any help. Jim.

JimB1 , Aug 28, 2006
  5. HBarlow

I don't have any history to fall back on. I bought my first Dodge in '01 but my guess is the window for the '07 will be very narrow. DC will have to begin production of the '07. 5 sometime late this year in order to have products in the pipeline in time for an 01/01/07 launch date if that is in fact the plan.

Harvey

Last edited: Aug 29, 2006
    HBarlow , Aug 28, 2006
  6. mwhals

Why not get one off the lot now or have the dealer trade for one? You will be hard pressed to get a better deal than employee pricing and a rebate later in the year.

mwhals , Aug 28, 2006
  7. JimB1

Yep. Slow sales big discounts was another motivator. Going out to shop it around here this week plus a Dave Smith on-line deal set-up. Good to know I can "just for a bit yet" build it new or find good selection of new on lot '06's.

JimB1 , Aug 28, 2006