Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BurlesonR

Drove by the dealer this morning to check and there she was sitting there. Looked like she was just dropped off the trailer, in need a bath and some preping... Before I could get to work the phone was ringing, "good news, your truck is here!! When can you come and get it??... " I said "I know. I just saw it. Looks good except for those steel wheels... "

So it does have the steel wheels, but they're going to make it right. He's knocking another $1800 off the price and is going to order the WF7 polished aluminum Alcoa wheels the Laramie Chassis Cabs come with. I'm not sure, but I think these are different than the new wheels that will come on the pick-ups. The description on the order form read "chrome clad aluminum" not polished aluminum. He going to trade me wheels, mount and balance for free. Only catch is, the WF7 wheels are too new and can't be ordered yet. He said 2 or 3 months. He said he even tried to locate a 3500 Laramie CC to pull the wheels off and couldn't find one in a 3000 mile radius. That makes sense to me. Not too many dealers are going to order a Laramie Chassis Cab for stock. Though it shows my sales manager is trying to do everything he can...

I'm happy and excited about the new truck. I'm going over there at 2 today to pick it up. Hopefully everything goes well during my inspection and test drive.

I'll post back with more to the story and some pics when it's all done.

BurlesonR , Sep 21, 2010
  2. GCroyle

As many will say, where is the PICTURE!

Good luck with the rig, and I suspect you might tow with it also. What gave me that idea!

GCroyle , Sep 21, 2010
  3. BurlesonR

Thanks!

Once I pick it up, I'll get some pics.

BurlesonR , Sep 21, 2010
  4. surfbeetle

Make sure you get it in writing that you are going to be getting the rims that you want. Sometimes dealers get forgetful after you have driven off of the lot.

surfbeetle , Sep 21, 2010
  5. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Sounds like a great truck! Great score on the wheels!

AH64ID , Sep 21, 2010
  6. dodgesst

Well. How did it go? Photos?

dodgesst , Sep 22, 2010
  7. sno_bound

Can't wait to hear about the wheels! might sound like a plan for my '10 Megacab. I have it set up very similiarly to your truck and also pull a 20,000 gvw flat bed and a 16,000 gvw horse trailer. By the way, the factory trailer brake sucks!

sno_bound , Sep 22, 2010
  8. BurlesonR

I took delivery yesterday as planned. Took a little while, but then again doesn't it always... Got the wheel promise in writing so there won't be any confusion later.

Trucks great! I "took the long way" to work this morning and racked up 156 miles on her so far. The average MPG is 17. 3 and that's with some idle time. I don't think that's too bad... :D The 730 nav radio is going to take a little while to figure out, but everything else seems pretty user friendly. The best part of this truck is defiantly the interior. I like the looks of my '06 better on the outside, but inside the 4th Gen is awesome!

I need to get busy installing all the things I've ordered over the last few months. I'll take a few more pics when I get that done. But for now, here a few I took quickly this morning.

BurlesonR , Sep 22, 2010
  9. Grizzly

Nice truck, Congratulations.

I've never heard of polished aluminum Alcoa wheels on a one ton dually. I thought they were always steel. Can you rotate them, front to back? Are they as strong as steel wheels? I'm sure the spare is a steel wheel.

Grizzly , Sep 22, 2010
  10. BurlesonR

Thanks!

The WF7 is basicly this wheel from Alcoa Alcoa: Strong Wheels

The look or style is a little differant.

Here's the WF7 or Mopar/Alcoa on a Stock 2010 Laramie 3500 chassis cab

[​IMG]#ad

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2018
    BurlesonR , Sep 22, 2010
  11. HBarlow

A very nice looking truck. Congratulations. I'm interested in reading your observations as you grow familiar with it and tow with it as well.

Are you sure the aluminum wheels were offered for a 3500? The red truck in your photo is probably a 4500/5500 w/19. 5" wheels.

HBarlow , Sep 22, 2010
  12. Missouri Mule

Nice looking truck BurlesonR good luck with it. :cool:

Missouri Mule , Sep 22, 2010
  13. stick

Looks great, although it's the wrong color. I told you if it ain't white it ain't right! As for the radio, you better allow lots of time to learn that thing, it's amazing the things it can do. Iv'e been trying to get all my CD's loaded into it.

Stick

stick , Sep 22, 2010
  14. dodgesst

Did you take my truck out of my garage. Looking good, who would want a white work truck?

dodgesst , Sep 23, 2010
  15. dodgesst

You going to put the chrome body moulding on it? I really like the chrome exhaust tip also. Makes it look fast!!

dodgesst , Sep 23, 2010
  16. BurlesonR

I told you we were going to have twin trucks... :-laf

Yeah, supposedly the side molding and exhaust tip is "late avalibility"... Funny because yours and the other 1st few '11's had it...

I ordered the stuff, it's here and I've got an appointment at 1pm today to get it installed. No labor charge and the parts at cost... .

Nothing else I could do...

BurlesonR , Sep 23, 2010
  17. dodgesst

Cool, looks good glad it made it

dodgesst , Sep 23, 2010
  18. BurlesonR

BurlesonR , Sep 23, 2010
  19. BurlesonR

Thanks Mule! :)

BurlesonR , Sep 23, 2010
  20. BurlesonR

I know. . I know... and I almost ordered white, but the dang thing reminded me too much of my plagued '05 power joke... I just couldn't do it... I usually get a light color, silver, white, beige... This time the wife talked me into "something different". It's defiantly different to me and I'm still getting used to it. Sometimes I look at it and really like it and others, I'm not too sure..... :confused:

Yeah that radio coupled with the NAV, coupled with the rear TV is a monster. I'll figure it out though. It's a good problem and I got plenty of time... ;)

BurlesonR , Sep 23, 2010