Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Learjet

2. brucejohnson TDR MEMBER

While the referenced link keeps one in suspense until the release date, I was able to peruse Cummins site and some of their articles. They are about the most sane company in their approach to addressing business actions toward the current climate issues. The sky IS NOT falling! They are setting reasonable goals with appropriate actions that should not cause reactionary panic due to "unanticipated" issues...I like the sanity approach very much.

brucejohnson , Feb 27, 2023
    BrentM and HPSimpson like this.
  3. SSchang

Six years ago, I retired from Cummins after 37 years. I still live 2 miles from the Jamestown (New York) Engine Plant (JEP) where the 15 liter and 12 liter engines are built. In the Jamestown newspaper, and the nearby Warren Pa. newspaper, this full page ad has been on the backpage for over a week now. Best guess is the announcement that a new hydrogen powered engine will be built at the Jamestown Engine Plant. It's part of the "Fuel Agnostic" line of engines. Engine components below the head gasket will all be the same, above the head gasket parts will vary depending on the fuel. I think they will make engines that run on diesel, gasoline, natural gas, hydrogen, and maybe other fuels.
    upload_2023-2-27_13-23-24.jpeg #ad

SSchang , Feb 27, 2023
    HPSimpson and brucejohnson like this.
  4. SSchang

Interesting short video on Cummins' vision for getting to zero emissions by 2050.

SSchang , Feb 27, 2023
    HPSimpson and brucejohnson like this.
  5. brucejohnson TDR MEMBER

That video I found more realistic by setting attainable goals and providing multiple resolutions while weening from "carbon" fuel sources.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
    brucejohnson , Feb 27, 2023
    HPSimpson likes this.
  6. crispyboy

Two weeks ago I went to the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, KY.
    There was a Cummins Engine on display in the same area as Versatile tractors. They have a partnership agreement to use the new hydrogen powered engine in their tractors.

IMG_0290.jpg #ad
    IMG_0291.jpg #ad

crispyboy , Feb 28, 2023
    06 Dodge and brucejohnson like this.