1. deeselfitter

Where would I find the proper (or best) procedure to flush my cooling system. Just installed new Gates pump and bought the Zerex antifreeze . Just back home fom camping and have all water in the cooling system. Where is the lowest point that I can drain it off... open for all suggestions

deeselfitter , Aug 14, 2020
  2. DavidC

Most will take the bottom radiator hose off of one side.

DavidC , Aug 14, 2020
  3. seafish

seafish , Aug 14, 2020
    jghflys and White2005 like this.
  4. Wiredawg

My 93, 00, 02, and 03 I installed a Prestone flush kit... nice to drain, back flush, drain, then add coolant. If needed. you can use the flush liquid too if you have any scale.

Cheers, Ron

Wiredawg , Aug 14, 2020
  5. NIsaacs

Huh? There is a bottom hose on each side?:D

Keep in mind, the bottom radiator outlet is about 4-5" off the bottom so that will leave a lot of coolant/water in the radiator. I siphon out the top. Don't mess with the radiator drain valve, it will give you issues. The best way would be to pull the radiator and give it a good cleaning inside and out.

NIsaacs , Aug 15, 2020
  6. CVR222NV TDR MEMBER

The radiator drain valve drained all fluid but the seals on the petcock are prone to leaking when reinstalled so if you go that route purchase a new petcock. It's only around $10.00.

CVR222NV , Aug 15, 2020
    Ozymandias, jghflys and Wiredawg like this.
  7. endoscott

So my turbo actuator failed and was replaced under warranty, coolant gets drained as part of this and on the way home it burped and low coolant light came on. No big deal, got some Mopar OAT, took half a gallon, but looking at chambers where you add coolant it looks pretty filthy in there especially compared to my S2000 which has 15 year old Honda coolant which looks brand new. I know they dont recommend flush til 150,000 miles but it looks dirty! Corollary..when should I expect WP failure? Should I just change that at the same time and do serpentine belt while I am at it? 6.5 years and 75,000 miles on a 2014.

endoscott , Sep 5, 2020
    Wiredawg likes this.
  8. endoscott

Forgot the picture

OAT.jpg #ad

endoscott , Sep 5, 2020
  9. JR

Didn't you have your water pump replaced under the recall?

Between the turbo actuator and water pump I wouldn't be worried about replacing the coolant at that age.

Of course, I suppose it is possible for a shady dealership to reuse coolant but it would be very difficult to capture it all in a clean container. My dealership definitely used new, I was watching them through the window.

But I do know what you mean about the reservoir looking unhealthy. I'd have a hard time trusting coolant a full 10 years.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020
  10. endoscott

Oh yeah, need to check records I think they did replace it!

endoscott , Sep 5, 2020