Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StLouisMO

I wanted to let everyone know that I found a place to put together a true coolant filter kit for our cummins engine. I too was interested in using a coolant filter and almost bought that glass filter that some of you guys bought till some of the reviews started coming back in. So, I contacted Bob over at Dieselsite.com and asked him to put together a kit. He just got it put on his website. Here is a link.

https://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=796&HS=1

Anyway, I don't have any affiliation with Bob and don't gain anything from telling you guys about it. This TDR site and everyone on here have helped me tremendously in the past so I just thought I would give everyone a heads up in case they are interested.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2018
    StLouisMO , Jul 2, 2007
  2. FYarcho

Hey thanks for the heads up on that. I just ordered one today. I try and get back to let you know how it works out.

Thanks again!!

FYarcho , Jul 16, 2007
  3. jelag

All the large CAT and Cummins engines have coolant filters... they fit in the heater core line, filter the water and have a chemical that keeps the coolant PH balanced..... its suggested that you change the filter once a year... .

They look like a spin on Hyd filter but made for coolant... . the replacement cartridge is something like 12 or 15 from most filter vendors... .

Why would you use anything else...

jelag , Jul 16, 2007