Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogersM

I bought a BD cool down timer and am about to install it, but a question occurred to me. The idea, of course, is to remove the key and let the truck shut down after it reaches the set temp. Will the 06 'chipped' key allow you to remove the key and still have the engine run until cool... or will the removal of the key/chip block this and shut it down when the key is removed.

Thanks,

Mark

RogersM , Aug 14, 2006
  2. Silver600

I don't have the BD but my edge Attitude has a cool down timer and it works fine with the chipped key.

Silver600 , Aug 14, 2006
  3. RogersM

Thanks, I had figgered the chip was just affecting the starter but wasn't really sure. If there was an issue with the chipped key there would be warnings on purchase of these timers I think.

Mark

RogersM , Aug 14, 2006
  4. JVolpe

TST R49 cool down timer also works with the chipped key. One issue I have is when I remove the key and hit the lock button it locks the doors fine, but does not set the IT-S security system. The system will not arm with the truck running in cool down mode.

JVolpe , Aug 14, 2006