Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TravisG

Changed fuel filter tonight. No prob. Now my fuel pressuere seems to be fluctuating at idle, between 20-24 back and forth, did I do something wrong. Gotta go to work tomorrow.

TravisG , Oct 20, 2003
  2. Deezul1

As long as it runs alright just drive it and maybe it will smooth out. It may have some air trapped in it. have you used the bleeder valve on top of the filter housing to bleed the air out?

Deezul1 , Oct 20, 2003
  3. TravisG

No, do you crack it open while you crank the engine? Surely not while it is running.

TravisG , Oct 20, 2003
  4. drice

no you crack the line then use the pusher on the lift pump to manually pump the fuel the lift pump is about 6-10 inches under the filter

drice , Oct 20, 2003
  5. illflem

Does your FP gauge have a needle valve to dampen the pulsations?

If it does the valve may need to be cranked down a bit more.

Without a pulsation dampener you can easily get 20 psi swings.

If you can get the engine running there is usually no need to bleed, air will be worked out rather fast.

illflem , Oct 21, 2003
  6. TravisG

Drove it to work this morning, everything is fine now. Thanks for all the repliesl. I love this site.

TravisG , Oct 21, 2003