Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ToddGeisler

Have had an issue with the uconnect 5.0 system. I use it to connect to my iphone 5s through bluetooth to play music that is stored on my phone.

The issue I have is the audio will mute down say 30 to 50% at times. The only way I can get the sound level to come back is to send myself an email and have the phone receive the email. When the phone gives me the alert the email came the audio will return to normal.

Just tonight I think I see a possible cause. When I opened the Facebook app on the phone the audio muted down. Sent the email and got the volume back. Opened the FB app and it muted again.

I suppose it's time to contact uconnect and see if they are aware of this strange issue.

ToddGeisler , Aug 10, 2015
  2. RVTRKN

My 07 C&C with UConnect is poor at best but only handles phone calls, and my 2014 5.0 has many glitches allowing music but not phone operations, I've tried rebooting phone, to pulling over, shutting truck off and opening the door. I wish Bluetooth was used for our radios.

RVTRKN , Aug 11, 2015
  3. sag2 TDR MEMBER

Check the web site for any upgrades to your radio. The Hands Free module may also require and update, but you will need to see the dealer for that. Apple phones are the worst for glitches and connection issues. They apparently do not share information with the manufacturers, so many times they have to reverse engineer solutions. That takes time and money and is not the highest priority. Personally I used to hate working with Apple product owners. They wanted their cars repurchased because their new phone they just couldn't wait to get would not work with the vehicle systems.

sag2 , Aug 11, 2015
  4. Mingoglia

Mine does the same thing with my iPhone 6. I have to go into another app that generates sound to have it "reset". You said you send yourself an email, I go into the audio settings and force it to demo a sound. Both of us are "fixing" the sound level the same way, just going through different steps to get there. It is very annoying. I don't believe I've experienced this with my wife's uconnect in her '14 Durango, but then again I don't play music off my phone typically in her vehicle and she has an Android.

I updated my radio after I first got my truck, but haven't in a few months. May see if there's an update that addresses this.

Mingoglia , Aug 11, 2015
  5. BK TDR MEMBER

It happens on our Jeeps with our Androids (My wife (2015) and I (2013) both have Jeeps with the uconnect and both have Androids), some indicator notice comes through on the phone... an email or Amazon shipping or text notice, and during the time the audio reduces in volume or may mute depending. but it always comes back by it's self on a second or two after the notices finish.

I notice the same thing in my 99 dodge, where I have a Panasonic head unit/ radio (no blue tooth) with a separate Sat receiver and Aux input module for External audio input to the head unit.
    I plug my phone in there via the headphone jack, and the same thing happens as I experience in the Jeeps.

I now what I experience is the phone, I would assume what your seeing with your Iphones is the phone too, not the UConnnect.

6. RVTRKN

Well the bean counters are also at fault, just because I have an iPhone doesn't make me a second class citizen. The $2500.00 REC NAV radio option I ordered with my 07 C&C, didn't come with a simple aux jack, and because that generation UConnect won't allow Bluetooth type connection to listen to my music, I had to install a lockpick for a couple of hundred more.

RVTRKN , Aug 11, 2015