Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chief USA TDR MEMBER

Anyone else have this happen? I haven't been in there messing around with anything to break it. The last time I checked it along with the airfilter condition was when I change the oil about 1,000 miles ago. I check it each fill up and the last time I was at the Flying J, I noticed it laying on the airfilter box broken when I check my oil and engine compartment. These things AIN'T cheap!!!! They are $35 dollars from John Deere! I can't wait to see the price from Dodge. I am going to see if warranty will replace it. I thought about the super glue thing but don't want to take a chance on it breaking again and possibly being sucked into the turbo. You would think something like that would hold up better. :{

Chief USA , Sep 3, 2003
  2. ToolManTimTaylor

P. Md ya

ToolManTimTaylor , Sep 3, 2003
  3. Chief USA TDR MEMBER

Just a follow up. It ONLY took 7 weeks to get the filter minder in at the dealer. :confused: The good news is that they replaced it under warranty. :D For what they wanted for a new one if I had to pay for it, the wait was worth it. Chalk up another "Ataboy" for the Sisk Dodge. They are a little slow but they do nice work! Oo.

Chief USA , Oct 15, 2003
  4. Raatler

How much was it?

RFrazier. . how much did the dealer want for it?

I need to replace mine cause a rat ate the little yellow top part off of it. :mad:

Does Cummins carry the same part?

Raatler , Oct 20, 2003
  5. Chief USA TDR MEMBER

They replaced mine under warranty. Not sure what a new one cost but I have heard around $75. Can you use the rubber part from another filter minder?

Chief USA , Oct 20, 2003
  6. Raatler

I think so

I can't see why not..... you wouldn't happen to have one lying around would you??? :D

$75 bucks... ... that's highway robbery!!

:--)

Raatler , Oct 21, 2003
  7. Chief USA TDR MEMBER

I have the broken filter minder still in the glove box.

Chief USA , Oct 21, 2003