Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jwskrintney

I just bought my 2021 in July and it is now due for the first fuel filter change. I have heard that there is more than one fuel filter on this truck. I know where the obvious one is on the driver side of the engine. Is there another fuel filter that I need to locate and replace?

jwskrintney , Jan 13, 2022
  2. lpennock

If it is like my 18, look over the rear diff attached to the bottom of the bed.

lpennock , Jan 13, 2022
  3. Hoefler

Just ahead of the rear axle above the drive shaft is the primary filter

Hoefler , Jan 13, 2022
  4. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

AH64ID , Jan 13, 2022
    Topzide, Rob S and bcbender like this.
  5. odinjunior

Yikes, Who thought a fuel filter would be back ordered? I guess I better get the owners manual out. When is the first change recommended? I bought my '21 in September.

odinjunior , Jan 13, 2022
  6. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Filter of all kinds are difficult to obtain right now. I've heard it has something to do with the high production rate of masks and a lack of media for other filters.

The change interval is 15K miles.

AH64ID , Jan 13, 2022
  7. GroundSquirrel

I’ve been buying the Mopar filters on Amazon. Way cheaper than Geno’s

GroundSquirrel , Jan 13, 2022
  8. Signal73

May be counterfeit. Lots of that type of activity on eBay and amazon.

Signal73 , Jan 13, 2022
    Shiner and nukegm like this.
  9. odinjunior

Thanks I guess I should get some in stock and see how to change them... Only have 1,500 miles on the truck so I have some time.

odinjunior , Jan 13, 2022
    nukegm likes this.
  10. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Got a link? I have not been able to find Genuine Mopar/Fleetguard/Racor filters cheaper on Amazon, only the knockoff's that I wouldn't trust for a lawnmower filter.

AH64ID , Jan 13, 2022
    Shiner, Rob S, Topzide and 1 other person like this.
  11. nukegm

comrade - no offense - but are they genuine mopar? just throwing that out there. have a buddy with several shops. he said theres a lot of fake filters and such on e bay and amazon. cheers sir!

nukegm , Jan 13, 2022
  12. GroundSquirrel

Yes genuine Mopar filters in Mopar boxes. I just ordered another set this morning.

TDR won't let provide link to Amazon. $145 w/free shipping. More than I paid last time but are in stock

Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
  13. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

That's not cheaper than Geno's. Your link is $156.46, Geno's is $139.95, plus shipping. Even at $145 on Amazon I would not call it way cheaper than Geno's.

The filters the OP needs are even cheaper at Geno's, $122.

AH64ID , Jan 13, 2022
  14. GroundSquirrel

Re-read pst #12.
    Always has been cheaper in the past through Amazon. Sep 17, 2019 through the same link was $97.75

15. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

Interesting, Geno's has always been cheaper when I've bought them. I ordered a set in December and Geno's was MUCH cheaper than Amazon, $105 plus shipping. They were backordered, but I was just ordering a set to replace the ones I am about to use for a filter swap.

AH64ID , Jan 13, 2022
  16. GroundSquirrel

Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 7.58.19 AM.png Here's my last order. Im betting that Geno's prices will go up also; everything else has

gsbrockman, lpennock and AH64ID like this.
  17. bcbender TDR MEMBER

I dont care how much cheaper they are on Amazon.. I always have and will continue to buy them from Geno's and support Robert and Robin's small business. Their outstanding... dare I say remarkable customer service is worth the extra $$... In fact I am going to call them right now and order a new set of filters so I can get them on the shelf when they come in.. (I also need a block heater cord since a 90k$ truck does not come with one stock..)

Any benefit to getting the universal mt vs the standard cord? They dont make a bumper mount yet for the 19+ trucks.

bcbender , Jan 13, 2022
    Larry Willard and endoscott like this.
  18. Cummins12V98 TDR MEMBER

Be sure they are coming from a MOPAR Dealer.

Cummins12V98 , Jan 13, 2022
    bcbender likes this.
  19. Topzide TDR MEMBER

@bcbender, How about getting this one and make mount to fit bumper?
    https://www.genosgarage.com/product/wd-bhppl-dodge-cummins-diesel-block-heater-plug/winter
    I'm sure you can bend a 1/8" piece of steel to correct angle to work. I bent some steel to make light bracket to mount led in bumper. Used one side of block heater mount and made bracket for other side of light.
    And as far as fuel filters, Geno's gets my business unless it's a I need it now and can't wait! Usually have filters for change in advance on self. When I use last set, Order 2 sets to have on shelf. Helps support TDR also!

Topzide , Jan 13, 2022
    Shiner and bcbender like this.
  20. AH64ID TDR MEMBER

My 18 didn't come with the cord so I bought the OEM cord. It was a few more bucks but it did have the christmas tree's clipped on at the correct spots for securing the routed cable.

AH64ID , Jan 13, 2022